Global Plant Bio-Stimulants Market is segmented By Ingredients (Acids, Microbials, Extracts, and Others), By Form (Liquid, Granules), by Substrate (Plant, Soil, Seed), By Crops (Trees & Vine Crops, Agricultural Crops, Vegetable & Legume Crops, Plant Biostimulants-Crops Overview, Others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
Global Plant Bi-ostimulants Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period (2022-2029)
A plant biostimulant is a substance applied to plants to enhance nutrition regardless of its nutrient content.
- These include various formulations of micro-nutrients to improve both plant and soil qualities.
What’s trending in the Plant Bio-stimulants market?
- From germination to maturity, the various benefits that biostimulants provide are:
- Enhanced yield and quality of crop due to an increase in metabolism and its efficiency.
- Tolerance to abiotic stresses and the strength to recover from the same.
- Note:- Abiotic stresses are the adverse effects of non-living factors on plants or living things in general.
- These include drought, salinity, polyurethane foam, synthetic rubber, thermoplastic polyurethane, toxicity, lack of minerals, extreme temperatures, less seed quality, and excessive watering.
- Improved nutrient assimilation (absorption of nutrients) and translocation (transfer of nutrients from leaf to different tissues of the plant)
- Good visual aspects of the crop, i.e., color and vigor of the fruits, leaves, etc.
- More fruit seeding and sugar content thus better produce qualities.
- Efficient water use by the plant.
- Fostering the development of soil micro-organisms that complement the fertility of the soil.
- Expansion of the organic food industry, higher benefits associated with enhanced agricultural yield and productivity are increasing the demand for Plant biostimulants.
- They have different operating mechanics from fertilizers regardless of the nutrient content.
- While fertilizers protect against pests and diseases, biostimulants only increase the crop and soil qualities.
- Hence they have nothing much to do with crop protection other than improving its immunity thus becoming complementary to fertilizers.
- The significant substitutes for plant biostimulants are chemical fertilizers. Stimulants though being effective regarding quality do not give results as quick as chemical fertilizers.
- Also, the availability of chemical fertilizers is high and at less cost compared to stimulants.
- Increasing need for more food globally is encouraging the usage of chemical fertilizers which gives high yield in a short span of time.
- Ease of access to raw materials, moderate initial capital requirements are encouraging companies to enter the biostimulant industry.
- Expansion of the organic food industry, higher benefits associated with enhanced agricultural yield and productivity are increasing the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the production.
- This, in turn, is attracting the new companies to enter the industry. Moderate product differentiation will reduce the overall research and development costs involved which will be helpful for the new entrants to the industry.
Market Segmentation Criteria (Basis of segmentation)CategoriesIngredients
- Humic substances are end products of microbial decomposition and chemical degradation of dead biota in soils.
- They are said to improve various qualities of the soil like controlling nutrient availability, carbon and oxygen exchange between the earth and the atmosphere, and the transformation and transport of toxic chemicals.
- This segment is further divided into Humic Acids and Fulvic Acids.
- Humic acids are soluble in first media and are extracted from soil by dilute alkali and precipitate in acidic media.
- Fulvic acids are soluble in both alkali and acid media
- Microbial inoculants mainly include free-living bacteria, fungi, and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi that were isolated from a variety of environments including soil, plants, plant residues, water, and composted manures.
- Seaweed extracts also act as biostimulants, enhancing seed germination and establishment, improving plant growth, yield, flower set, and fruit production, increasing resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses and improving post-harvest shelf life.
- Seed application is the significant segment regarding the implementation.
2. Soil and plant
3. Trees & vine crops
5. vegetable and legume crops
6. other horticultural crops
1. North America
2. South America
Europe is the primary market for biostimulants taking 42% of the global market share followed by North America and Asia each occupying around 20%.
- In 2012, more than 6.2 million hectares of land was treated with biostimulants in Europe according to the European biostimulants Industry Council (EBIC).
- The first world congress aimed at the use of biostimulants in agriculture was held in Strasbourg, France in November of 2012.
- This was attended by more than 700 delegates from 30 countries and worked to bring together individuals and personnel working on industrial, academic and regulatory aspects of biostimulants.
- India, China, and Australia are significant markets in the Asia- Pacific region and are driven by government support to improve agricultural productivity and reduce crop prices.
- The report covers factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- The report profiles major companies in the global plant Biostimulants market which include Arysta Life science Corporation, BASF SE, Biochim S.P.A Biostadt India Limited, Isagro SAP, Italpollina SAP, Koppert B.V., Lallemand Plant Care, Novozymes A/S, Platform Specialty Products Corporation, Sapec Group (Trade Corporation International), Taminco, Valagro SAP.
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of Plant Biostimulants market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for crucial Plant biostimulants products of all major market players.
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Plant Phenotyping Market
Spinach Extracts Market
Neem Extracts Market