Medical Oxygen Market
- Oxygen is used to support respiration system of the body. Medical oxygen is used to provide a basis for virtually all modern anesthetic techniques, restore tissue oxygen tension by improving oxygen availability in a wide range of conditions such as COPD, cyanosis, shock, severe bleeding, carbon monoxide poisoning, major trauma, cardiac/respiratory arrest. It also provides life support for artificially ventilated patients and aid cardiovascular stability.
- The global medical oxygen market was worth XX billion in 2018 and is forecasted to reach XX billion by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
Medical Oxygen Market Dynamics
- The increasing prevalence of respiratory disorders is one of the factors fueling the global medical oxygen market.
- COPD accounts for more than 3 million die every year, which is nearly 6% of deaths globally. By 2050, COPD is projected to become the third leading cause of death among the global population. Asthma affects over 334 million people each year.
- Moreover, OSA affects more than 100 million people yearly. OSA symptoms are reported by around 26% of adults across the world annually.
- The prevalence of chronic lung disorders such as COPD and pneumonia is high among the older population as the respiratory muscle strength decreases as age progresses.
- Obesity and increased tobacco consumption are mainly contributing to the rise in the prevalence of asthma, COPD, and OSA globally, which will fuel the global medical oxygen market.
- The rising environmental pollution has caused a spike in the incidence of COPD, asthma, and other respiratory diseases, leading to an increased demand for oxygen therapy.
- Emerging countries such as APAC, Eastern Europe, and Latin America with high air pollution show strong potential for the growth of medical oxygen market. By 2030, the air pollution and airborne allergens in the US are projected to increase, worsening the asthma scenario. Since the US is the leading revenue contributor in the market, the increased asthma cases will drive the market growth for medical oxygen market.
Medical Oxygen Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on modality the global market for Medical Oxygen is broadly segmented as by portable oxygen systems, and stationary/standalone oxygen systems.
- Currently, portable oxygen systems are the dominant segment, and it accounts for approximately XX% of the market, due to the launch of new mobile oxygen systems.
- For instance, in May 2016, Inogen, Inc., a medical technology company offering innovative respiratory products for use in the homecare setting, have introduced its innovative Inogen One G4 portable oxygen concentrator. The ultra-portable device is the smallest and lightest oxygen concentrator.
- In November 2018, Bluewater Alkaline Solutions and Cryogenic Products Private Limited introduced portable Oxygen OXY99 in India. The OXY99 is a lightweight mobile oxygen system. Italy-based Health major ING L and Boschi is providing technical support for the medical emergency kit ‘ OXN99″ for respiratory disorders.
Medical Oxygen Market Geographical Analysis
- The global medical oxygen market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and ROW.
- North America is dominating the global medical oxygen market, due to the increase in product launches and strategic partnership of medical oxygen.
- For instance, in January 2019, ResMed, a leader in respiratory care medical devices and out-of-hospital care software, has introduced its premier portable oxygen concentrator, Mobi, in the United States.
- In January 2019, AOTI Inc. has entered into a strategic relationship with a leading Chinese medical company, Nanning Xinzizhu Trading Co., Ltd, for distribution of its patented Topical Wound Oxygen (TWO2) therapy wound healing products into the People’s Republic of China.
Medical Oxygen Market Competitive Trends
- The product launch and regulatory approval for medical oxygen are one of the critical factor driving the global medical oxygen market.
- For instance, in August 2018, Hologic’s Cynosure Division Signs Agreement with Porter Instrument to Exclusively Distribute Nitronox Oxygen System in the United States and Canada market.
- In October 2015, FAA-approved portable oxygen concentrator (POC), a respiratory assistive device on aircraft on all flights. Unless the invention does not meet applicable FAA requirements for medical mobile electronic devices (M-PED) and does not display a manufacturer’s label that indicates the device meets those FAA requirements are not allowed on aircraft.
Why Purchase the Report?
• Visualize the composition of the medical oxygen market across each indication, in terms of product type, modality type, and end user, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in medical oxygen market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the therapeutic oxygen market – level 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players
• Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
• Service Providers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
1. Medical Oxygen Market Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Scope of the market
2. Medical Oxygen Industry Trends
2.1. Key Market Trends and Developments in Medical Oxygen Market
3. Medical Oxygen Market Outlook
3.4. Pricing Analysis
3.6. Supply Chain Analysis
3.7. Reimbursement policies
3.8. Technological Advancements
3.9. PEST analysis
3.10. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4. Market Segmentation Analysis
4.1. BY PRODUCT TYPE
4.1.1. Compressed oxygen cylinders
4.1.2. Oxygen concentrators
4.1.3. Liquid oxygen systems
4.2. BY MODALITY TYPE
4.2.1. Portable Oxygen Systems
4.2.2. Stationary/Standalone Oxygen Systems
4.3. BY END-USER
4.3.2. Emergency Medical Centers
4.3.3. Ambulatory Surgical Centers
4.3.4. Home Care Settings
5. Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. Geographic Overview
5.2. North America
5.2.1. The U.S.
5.3.2. The U.K.
5.3.6. Rest of Europe
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5. Asia Pacific
5.5.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.6. Rest of World
6. Competitive Analysis
6.1. Competitive Scenario
6.2. Heat Map Analysis
6.3. Product Benchmarking
7. Company Profiles
7.1. Airgas, Inc.
7.2. Linde Healthcare
7.3. Praxair, Inc.
7.4. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
7.5. Cryofab, Inc.
7.6. Koninklijke Philips N.V.
7.7. Medtronic, Inc.
7.8. Messer Group GmbH
7.9. Sol Group
7.10. Inogen, Inc.
8. Key companies to watch
9. Emerging Companies
10.2. List of Tables
10.3. Expert Panel Validation
10.5. Contact Us