Global Leather Chemicals Market is segmented By Product Type (Tanning & Dyeing Chemicals, Finishing Chemicals, beam house chemicals, Others), By Application (Furniture, Automotive, Footwear, Textile, Others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
Global "Leather Chemicals Market" Expected to reach a high CAGR of 5.9% during the forecasting period of (2022 - 2029)
- Leather chemicals are a class of compounds used to treat animal hides during the manufacture of leather. A range of leather chemical products are available in the market, and they are deployed in every step of leather production, from beam house to finish. The leather is used in the production of shoes, garments, furniture, automotive upholstery, and other automotive applications such as automotive interiors.
- Growth in the textile and footwear industry is driving the global leather chemical market. The application of leather chemicals in textile and footwear increased owing to its superior properties such as excellent water resistance, improved finish adhesion, and it also offers enhanced color and looks.
- Thus, growth in the production of textile and footwear will increase the leather chemical product demand.
- Increased demand from the automotive industry is one of the essential drivers contributing to the growth of the leather chemicals market. Leather is increasingly used in automotive interiors such as covers for seats and steering wheels.
- For instance, according to OICA, global automobile production between 2000 and 2018 was increased by approximately 25%. Also, increased demand for lighter leather finishing pigments and anti-soiling leather products is also expected to contribute to market growth. Continuous product innovation by vendors is another primary growth driver.
- Regular innovation and changing design models of various leather and luxury products lead to trigger the demand for leather products in the market.
- Despite the presence of these drivers, specific challenges such as the imposition of stringent regulations restrict the growth of the leather chemicals market.
- These regulations have led to increased compliance costs for vendors. Growing competition from low-cost products manufactured and distributed by vendors in Asia is another challenge that hinders the market.
- Based on product type the global leather chemicals market is broadly segmented as tanning and dyeing, finishing, beam housing, and others.
- Among all these tanning & dyeing chemicals accounted for a significant market share in 2018. This is owing to their usage mainly in the initial stages of leather processing to provide leather with a desirable and stable structure. In the forecast period finishing leather, chemicals are expected to grow at a high CAGR.
- Because these chemicals provide protective coatings to leather and improve its aesthetic appearance, it also helps in delivering a smooth surface by covering the natural and unresolvable defects from leather, extended durability, weather-resistant, wear & tear resistance, and so on.
- Based on the application the global leather chemical market is segmented into footwear, textiles, automobile, and others. Among all these footwear applications occupied the dominant market share and are expected to grow at a higher CAGR.
- This is owing to the increase in leather usage in footwear which helps in imparting tolerance to heat and mechanical action. Mostly, leather is used in shoemaking. For instance, in 2017, according to Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America (FDRA) the United States annual sales of the shoe is valued at USD 81 billion.
- The global leather chemicals market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The Asia Pacific occupies the dominant share in the leather chemicals market and is expected to grow at a CAGR of YY% in the forecast period. This is owing to the increase in demand for leather in the textile industry. For instance, according to Fibre2Fashion in 2015, textile segment revenue reached approximately USD 25 billion and by 2020 it is expected to grow by 36%.
- Additionally, the availability of larger producers of footwear owing to cost-effective labor and low initial investments is one of the primary drivers of the market in APAC. Also, growth in the automotive sector is driving the leather chemicals market in this region.
- Significant players of global leather chemicals market are BASF SE, Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd., Indofil Industries Ltd., Pidilite Industries Ltd., Bayer AG, Clariant, Schill & Seilacher GmbH & Co., Tytan, TEXAS EL, Elementis plc., Zschimmer & Schwarz & Co KG, DyStar, Lanxess AG, Lawrence international, Stahl International BV and others.
- The diversified product portfolio is the primary factor that is responsible for strengthening the position of these companies in the market. Also, they have been adopting key strategies, such as new product developments, acquisitions, and expansions, to increase their share in the cold chain packaging market and market competitiveness.
- For instance, in May 2017, LANXESS one of the leading manufacturers of leather chemicals expanded its portfolio for the leather industry with the addition of HYDRHOLAC CL-20 Emulsion and OPTI-MATT AD-20 Duller.
- In October 2017, Stahl acquired BASF’s leather chemicals business, which is one of the leading companies in the leather chemical market.
Chemical Distribution Market
Chemical Valves Market
Chemical Sensors Market