Influenza Vaccines Market
- Global Influenza Vaccines Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach the market value of USD XXXX million by 2026.
- Influenza is a contagious, acute respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses, usually flu A or B subtypes. Influenza can cause mild to severe disease, and it may predispose to exacerbations of underlying disease or development of secondary bacterial infections.
- Influenza viruses can infect humans and other animals. Viruses that infect humans circulate in seasonal epidemics, although some tropical regions experience endemic influenza circulation. Influenza viruses strains are continuously changing, necessitating annual updates of influenza vaccine formulations. Occasionally, animal influenza viruses may also infect humans. These infections can manifest in a broad range of clinical symptoms from mild disease to death.
Influenza Vaccines Market Trends
- The increasing awareness for influenza virus will drive the global influenza vaccines market.
- In 1947, the WHO Interim Committee of the United Nations established a Global Influenza Programme to track the changes in the Influenza virus.
- In 1952 the Global Influenza Surveillance Network was officially launched, with 26 collaborating laboratories around the world.
- In 2018, it is renamed as Global Influenza Surveillance and Response System (GISRS), the network comprises 153 institutions in 114 countries.
Influenza Vaccines Market Drivers
- The rising prevalence of influenza virus is driving the global influenza vaccines market.
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that between 151,700 and 575,400 people globally died from 2009 H1N1 virus infection. Globally, in 2017, CDC estimated that 80% of (H1N1)pdm09 virus-associated deaths were in people younger than 65 years of age, which differs from typical seasonal influenza epidemics which was about 70% to 90% of deaths to occur in people 65 years of age and older.
- The increasing production by significant players is driving the global influenza vaccines market.
- In 2015, the key players such as GlaxoSmithKline, MedImmune, BioCSL, Novartis, Protein Science, and Sanofi Pasteur produced seasonal influenza vaccine for the U.S. market, these manufacturers have increased production by approximately 17 million doses from the previous year.
- Percentage change in production by manufacturer, 2014-2015 : Sanofi - 8%, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) - 9%, MedImmune - 29%, Protein Sciences - 300%, Novartis - 20%.
- Testing and regulatory issues, low awareness, and lack of medical and healthcare infrastructure might hamper the global influenza vaccines market.
Influenza Vaccines Segmentation Analysis
- Based on vaccine type, the global influenza vaccine is segmented into seasonal vaccines, pandemic vaccines, and zoonotic vaccines. Seasonal vaccines hold the dominant market share in 2017, and it is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period.
- Seasonal influenza (flu) vaccine is to protect against the three or four influenza viruses; the WHO research indicates that seasonal influenza is most likely to spread and cause illness among people during the upcoming years. Moreover, 100 national influenza centers in over 100 countries conduct year-round surveillance for influenza virus.
- This involves receiving and testing thousands of influenza virus samples from patients. The laboratories send representative viruses to five World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centers for Reference and Research on Influenza, which are located in the following places include USA (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC), United Kingdom (The Francis Crick Institute), Australia (Victoria Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory), Japan (National Institute for Infectious Diseases), and China (National Institute for Viral Disease Control and Prevention).
Influenza Vaccines Market Geographical Share
- By geography, North America holds the significant market share for influenza vaccines in 2017, and it is expected to maintain the growth over the forecast period.
- It is due to the increasing rate of influenza various in the U.S.According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best method of preventing influenza virus is to get an annual flu vaccination, which is recommended for everyone six months of age and older.
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that flu vaccination during the 2016-17 flu season prevented an estimated 5.29 million illnesses, 2.64 million medical visits and 84,700 hospitalizations associated with flu, underscoring the benefits of current vaccines. According to the CDC, approximately 80% of flu-related deaths in children during the 2017-18 season were not vaccinated.
- Market share of Global Influenza Vaccines Market by Region, 2017North America40%Europe35%Asia Pacific12%South America4%Rest of the World9%
Influenza Vaccines Companies
- The increase in approval of influenza vaccines across the globe and the expansion of the distribution network for the influenza vaccines is driving the global influenza vaccines market.
- In February 2018, GSK, the expanded indication for Fluarix Tetra (Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine) has been approved in Europe to include adults and now children from six months of age for the prevention of influenza disease caused by the two influenzas A virus subtypes and the two influenza B virus types contained in the vaccine.
- In January 2018, GSK has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research expanding the indication for FLUARIX QUADRIVALENT (Influenza Vaccine) to include use in persons six months and older.
- In October 2017, Berg enters into an agreement with Sanofi Pasteur to identify biomarkers of flu vaccine performance.
- In July 2017, Sanofi Pasteur, the first doses of the Fluzone (Influenza Vaccine) portfolio for 2017-2018 influenza (“flu”) season have been released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Sanofi Pasteur has begun distributing initial shipments, representing the first of nearly 70 million total doses of seasonal influenza vaccine manufactured by the company for this upcoming influenza season.
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Influenza Vaccines Market across each indication, regarding vaccine type, by a virus, and by age group highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Influenza Vaccines Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Influenza Vaccines Market – level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the Influenza Vaccines products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Influenza Vaccines Market
1. Influenza Vaccines Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 The scope of the market
2. Influenza Vaccines Market – Industry Trends
2.1 Key Market Trends and Developments in Influenza Vaccines Market
3. Influenza Vaccines Market Outlook
3.4 Pricing Analysis
3.6 Supply Chain Analysis
3.7 Reimbursement policies
3.8 Technological Advancements
3.9 PEST analysis
3.10 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4. Influenza Vaccines Market – Segmentation Analysis
4.1 By Vaccine Type
4.1.1. Seasonal Vaccines
4.1.2. Pandemic Vaccines
4.1.3. Zoonotic Vaccines
4.2 By virus type
4.2.1. Type A Influenza Virus
4.2.2. Type B Influenza Virus
4.3 By age group
5. Influenza Vaccines Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1 Geographic Overview
5.2 North America
5.2.1. The U.S.
5.3.2. The U.K.
5.3.6. Rest of Europe
5.4 South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5 Asia Pacific
5.5.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.6 Rest of World
6. Influenza Vaccines Market – Competitive Analysis
6.1 Competitive Scenario
6.2 Heat Map Analysis
6.3 Product Benchmarking
7. Influenza Vaccines Market – Company Profiles
7.1 Seqirus Vaccines Limited
7.2 GlaxoSmithKline plc
7.3 AstraZeneca PLC
7.4 GlaxoSmithKline plc
7.6 Novartis AG
7.7 Abbott Laboratories
7.8 Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited
7.9 CSL Limited
7.10Hualan Biological Engineering Inc.
8. Influenza Vaccines Market – Key companies to watch
9. Influenza Vaccines Market – Emerging Companies
10. Influenza Vaccines Market – Appendix
10.2 List of Tables
10.3 Expert Panel Validation
10.5 Contact Us