Hospital Acquired Infections Market
- The Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) market is estimated to reach a market value of USD XX million by 2025 with the market growing at a CAGR of XX% in the forecasted period 2018-2025.
- Hospital-acquired infections (HAI), or nosocomial infections, are acquired in a hospital or other healthcare facilities.
- Most common factors causing the growth of the hospital-acquired infection market is the growing elderly population globally as the elderly population is more prone to infections due to their low physical immunity.
- Moreover, the low level of hygiene in hospitals, poor infrastructure management, and poor sterilizing techniques used at healthcare institutions are consequently increasing the number of hospitals-acquired infection cases.
- National 2015 Standardized Infection Ratios (SIRs) Calculated
- HAI Type Hospitals Predicted Infection
- Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) 4,165 27,029
- Central Line-associated Bloodstream Infection (CLABSI) 3,935 27,313
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI)- Abdominal Hysterectomy 3,248 2,091
- MRSA Bacteremia LabID Event 4,035 8,898
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI) – Colon Surgery 3,395 9,280
- Increasing incidences of different types of hospital-acquired the infection, advancement in technologies implemented in devices that control infection are some of the growth factors boosting the HAI market.
- However, lack of awareness towards hospital-acquired infections, and increasing use of outpatient treatment are hindering the growth of the market.
Market Segment analysis:
- The global hospital acquired infection market is segmented by infection type into Urinary Tract Infections, Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia, Bloodstream Infections, Surgical Site Infections, and Others.
- Among these, the Urinary Tract Infections hold the largest market share in 2017 with increasing patients undergoing urological manipulations, long-stay elderly male patients and patients with debilitating diseases. The urinary tract infections segment is also growing at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Further, based on treatment, the Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) market is segmented into antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and other therapies. Among these, the antibacterial treatment segment accounted for the largest market share in 2017, due to their increased efficiency in hospital-acquired infections.
- The below graph shows the estimated number of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) in U.S. acute care hospitals in 2011. Based on a survey, it was determined that around 722 thousand HAIs occurred in U.S hospitals in 2011.
Clinical Trial Analysis of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI):
Total No. of Study: 262
- Geographically, the Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and RoW. North America is dominating the global HAI market due to the growing development of new therapeutic procedures in bacterial infections.
- The global Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) market is highly consolidated with few companies accounting for the majority of the market share.
- Companies are highly investing in R & D and are collaborating with other companies for developing products.
Some of the major companies in global Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)market include 3M, Advanced Sterilization Products, Becton Dickinson and company, STERIS Corp., Getinge AB, Cantel Medical Corp., Belimed AG, Abbott Laboratories, Pfizer Inc., and Bayer AG.
- Some of the recent development contributing to the growth of the global Hospital Acquired Infections market are:
• In March 2017, Pfizer Launches Zavicefta™ (ceftazidime-avibactam) in the U.K. and Germany, a New Antibiotic to Treat Complicated Infections Caused by Gram-Negative Bacteria.
• In May 2018, PCT Ltd, formerly Bingham Canyon Corporation, a leading provider of cleaning and disinfecting solutions, introduced its Annihilyzer® Infection Control System that is designed to help alleviate the growing problems of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI’s).
Key Market Segments
• Urinary Tract Infections
• Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia
• Bloodstream Infections
• Surgical Site Infections
• Antibacterial Treatment
• Antiviral Treatment
• Antifungal Treatment
• Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)Market Value
• Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)Market Share by Geography and Product type
• Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)Epidemiology
• Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)Product Analysis
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Tracks all the companies in the market to analyze the market share, drug sales, and product pipeline analysis in the Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) industry.
• Identify commercial opportunities in Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)market – level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the critical Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI)market products of all major market players
• Cancer Drug Manufacturers
• Research and Development Companies
• Medical Laboratories and Cancer Research Institutes
• Contract Research Organizations
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI) Companies
1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Industry Analysis
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Restraints
3.3 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Suppliers Power
3.3.2 Buyer Power
3.3.3 Industry Competition
3.3.4 Threat of new Entrant
3.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4. Clinical Trial Analysis
5. Product Pipeline Analysis
6. Epidemiology Analysis
6. Segmentation by Infection Type
6.1 Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
6.2 Urinary Tract Infections
6.3 Surgical Site Infections
6.4 Bloodstream Infections
6.5 Others (Gastrointestinal, ENT, Skin, Bone Infections)
7. Segmentation by Treatment Type
7.1 Antiviral Treatment
7.2 Antibacterial Treatment
7.3 Antifungal Treatment
7.3.1 Amphotericin B
7.4 Others (Antiparasitic, Antiprotozoal, Anti-TB Treatment)
8. Geographic Analysis
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2.1 United Kingdom
8.2.5 Rest of Europe
8.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 South America
8.4.3 Rest of South America
8.5 Rest of the World
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Market Share Analysis
9.2 Company Benchmarking
9.3 Key Strategies Adopted by Major Companies
10. Company Profiles*
10.2 Advanced Sterilization Products
10.3 Becton Dickinson and company
10.4 STERIS Corp.
10.5 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
10.6 Cantel Medical Corp.
10.7 Belimed AG
10.8 Abbott Laboratories
10.9 Pfizer Inc.
10.10 Bayer AG
11.2 List of Charts
11.3 Expert Panel Validation
11.5 Contact Us
*Note: Additional company profiles will be included on request