Global Food Colors Market is segmented By Type (Natural Food Colors, Synthetic Food Colors, Others), By Application (Domestic, Commercial), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Food Colors Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- The coloring is an essential part of any food item. Off-color foods are generally considered inferior in quality, and so the color is added. The color of the food can influence the perceived flavor.
- Food color is often used to protect flavors and vitamins that may be affected by sunlight. Clean labeling is becoming a major Food Colors Market trend.
Growth Drivers and Restraints
- The food Color industry is driven by processed food, soft drinks, and alcoholic beverages. Developing countries are witnessing high growth due to the demand for processed foods.
- Food Color is among the most widely studied food ingredients due primarily to regulatory requirements in regions such as the United States and Europe. In the US, Color additives are subject to the Food and Drug Administration’s most extensive safety assessment procedures as described in the FDA Redbook.
- Consumer concerns over food appearance play a key role, thus food color is highly driven by consumer preference, for instance, in a survey, 47% of people admitted they expect their food to look a certain way, and if the color was different, they might not want to eat it, or they might think something was wrong with the food.
- Natural food color will drive the growth within the Food Colors Market in coming years. Consumers increasingly prefer natural Color. Natural Color based on plant-based ingredients is gaining popularity.
- Color from botanical sources aligns with natural positioning and provides clear label advantages. Demand for certified organic color and coloring concentrates will grow in parts of the world where they are not yet prominent as North and Latin America.
- Concerns about the effect of Coloring additives especially artificial Color have impacted the market.
Market Geographical Share
- Food Colors Market report has been exhaustively analyzed by type, by application, and by geographical regions.
- By type, Food Colors Market is segmented into Natural Food Color, Synthetic Food Color, and Others such as Blended color, Salt-free dyes.
- Black currant, burnt sugar, Beta-carotene, annatto extract, caramel, anthocyanins are some of the natural food colors. Synthetic food color includes Allura red, quinoline yellow, Carmoisine, Amaranth, Fast Red E, etc. The natural food color segment is growing whereas the share of the artificial food color segment is shrinking, due to increased health concerns among the consumers.
- By application, the market can be segmented into domestic and commercial. Commercial applications of food color are in Beverages, Confectionery, and others (Pharmaceutical, Pet Food). Beverages & confectionary are the most prominent applications in the growing confectionery market.
- The food & beverages industry drives the Food Colors Market demand. The food & beverages industry will grow in the future due to urbanization and the modern lifestyle. These factors will fuel the growth of the Food Colors Market.
- By region, the market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-pacific, and the rest of the world.
- Artificial Color is particularly unpopular in Europe. Coloring foods don’t have a significant presence outside Europe.
Market Industry Competitiveness
- Food Colors Market is very competitive. Some of the crucial players in the Food Colors Market are Archer Daniels Midland, DDW, Döhler, Chr. Hansen, DSM, Naturex, and Sensient Food Color.
- Companies are following clean-label food Color, for instance, US Foods Holding Corp., Rosemont, Ill aims to remove artificial flavors and Colors for its entire Metro Deli, Rykoff Sexton, Chef’s Line, and Stock Yards Exclusive Brand products.
Food Enzymes Market
Food Sweeteners Market