Global Flash Chromatography Market Segmented By Product Type (Low-Pressure Liquid Chromatography (Lplc) Systems, Medium Pressure Liquid Chromatography (Mplc) Systems), By Solvent Type (One-Component Solvent Systems, Two-Component Solvent Systems), By Application (Organic Compound Synthesis, R&D In Pharma Laboratories, DNA Purification), By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, And Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, And Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029.
The Global Flash Chromatography Market is expected to grow at a high CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
Flash chromatography is a technique used to separate mixtures of molecules into their constituents; they are regularly used in the drug discovery process.
Flash chromatography differs from the conventional technique in two ways such as slightly smaller silica gel particles are used, and due to restricted flow of solvent caused by the small gel particles, pressurized gas is used to drive the water through the column of stationary phase that results to rapid and high-resolution chromatography.
Several manufacturers have developed automated flash chromatography systems with increased efficiency.
The Advancement in chromatography technology such as increased automation in the chromatography instruments and growing demand for purification and filtration by the pharmaceutical and biotech companies are driving the growth of the global Flash chromatography market.
The increasing government investments in the pharmaceutical industries are the major factors that drive the growth of the global flash chromatography market during the forecast period.
The amount of solvent used is dependent on the size of the reservoir. At a certain point, an increase in reservoir size can lead to a top-heavy apparatus. However, if the pool is too small, interruption of elution to additional solvent can affect the accuracy of the separation. This is the primary restraint of the global flash chromatography market.
The maintenance of various-sized reservoirs adds to equipment cost, which is the significant downturn in the global flash chromatography market.
- In the application segment R&D in pharma laboratory is dominating the market as there is a considerable investment by the government and private companies for R&D activities in the pharmaceutical firms.
- For instance, Pharmaceutical firms represent the largest investor in overall health R&D. In 2016, they spent around USD 156.7 billion globally.
- North America is dominating the global flash chromatography market, and it is expected to grow in the forecasting period, this is due to the presence of a large number of manufacturers in this region and the higher procurement of analytical equipment.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to witness growth during the forecasting, due to the high government investment in Asian countries.
- For instance, The Chinese government is dedicated to making more considerable investments in R&D. Innovative Program initiated by the government in 2015 has received USD 1,653 million, from the central government and USD 4,959 million, from local governments. Private investors are also motivated to invest massive funding into pharmaceutical R&D. As a result, R&D investment in the Chinese pharmaceutical industry has sharply increased.
- Companies are introducing a new product line and developing an additional feature in flash chromatography to be competitive in the market.
- In August 2018, Teledyne ISCO, a business unit of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated have announced the worldwide release of its newest flash chromatography product line, the CombiFlash NextGen.
- In May 2017, Biotage (STO: BIOT), a leading global supplier of solutions and technology for analytical, medicinal, and peptide chemistry have announced the launch of Isolera™ Dalton 2000, a new mass detector for flash purification that expands functionality through a wider detection range of ion masses, up to m/z 2000, and further analysis features.
Key Market Segments Covered
BY PRODUCT TYPE
• Low-pressure liquid chromatography (LPLC) systems
• Medium pressure liquid chromatography (MPLC) systems
BY SOLVENT TYPE
• One-component solvent systems
• Two-component solvent systems
BY APPLICATION TYPE
• Organic compound synthesis
• R&D in pharma laboratories
• DNA purification
Chromatography Resins Market
Medical Gas Chromatography Market