- The Global Chitosan market was valued at USD xx million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2026, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026. Chitosan is obtained by deacetylation of chitin.
- Chitin is the second most abundant biopolymer in the world. It is a polysaccharide found in the exoskeleton or the shells of crustaceans such as crabs, shrimps, lobsters, and clams.
Chitosan Industry Dynamics
- The major driver of the global chitosan market is increasing its applications in various end users. Chitosan is a non-toxic, anti-microbial, biodegradable polymer. Chitosan is used in various Commercial applications. In the Industrial sector, it is mainly used as part of part of the filtration process. Bio-compatibility & bio-degradability of chitosan has paved the way for many biomedical applications.
- Due to its hemostatic & anti-microbial properties, it is instrumental in the wound dressing. The latest research in chitosan nanomaterials, use of chitosan for gene delivery, drug delivery, plant protection applications, the chitosan-based coating is going to increase the demand for chitosan in technologically advanced applications. Chitosan is often claimed to be helpful with weight loss although the effect is not significant.
- Availability of high-grade chitosan remains limited. Lack of high-grade chitosan can reduce new market opportunities for chitosan.
Chitosan Market Segmentation
- Chitosan market is segmented by grade, by application, and by region.
- By grade, Chitosan market is segmented into Pharmaceutical Grade, Food Grade, and Industrial Grade.
- By application, the market is segmented into Agriculture, Water Treatment, Pharmaceutical & Medical, Cosmetics, Others (Food & Beverages). In agriculture, chitosan is used as a biopesticide.
- The biopesticide boosts the ability of plants to defend themselves against fungal infection. Chitosan is also used as a plant growth regulator. It is also used in water treatment as part of the filtration process. It is also used in textile, paper manufacturing, leather industry, and wastewater treatment plants.
Chitosan Market Geographical Share
- By region, chitosan market is segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and Rest of the World. Asia-pacific is the largest market due to China, Japan & Vietnam. Chitosan is produced as a by-product of Sea-food processing industry which is huge in China, Japan. North America is expected to be the second largest consumer of Chitosan.
Chitosan Sector Companies
- Some of the critical players in the chitosan market are Sigma-Aldrich, Heppe Medical Chitosan, Kimica, Qingdao BZ-Oligo Co., Ltd, G.T.C. Bio Corporation, JBiChem International, Dungeness Environmental Solutions, Inc., Shandong Laizhou Highly Bio-products Co.ltd, Primex, and Meron biopolymers.
Chitosan Market Report Scope
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
• Pharmaceutical Grade
• Food Grade
• Industrial Grade
• Water Treatment
• Pharmaceutical & Medical
• Others(Food & Beverages)
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Chitosan market across each indication, in terms of Grade and application, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the Chitosan market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Chitosan market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the key Chitosan market products of all major market players.
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Chitosan Market
1. Global Chitosan Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Chitosan Market – Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Chitosan Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Global Chitosan Market – By Grade
4.1. Pharmaceutical Grade
4.2. Food Grade
4.3. Industrial Grade
5. Global Chitosan Market – By Application
5.2. Water Treatment
5.3. Pharmaceuticals & Medical
5.5. Others(Food & Beverages)
6. Global Chitosan Market – By Geography
6.1. North America
6.1.1. The United States
6.2. South America
6.2.3. Rest of South America
6.3.2. United Kingdom
6.3.4. Rest of Europe
6.4.3. South Korea
6.4.7. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5. Rest of the World
7. Global Chitosan Market – Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market Share/Ranking Analysis
7.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7.3. Product Benchmarking
8. Global Chitosan Market – Company Profiles
8.1. Foodchem International Corporation
8.2. Heppe Medical Chitosan
8.4. Qingdao BZ-Oligo Co., Ltd
8.5. G.T.C. Bio Corporation
8.6. JBiChem International
8.7. Dungeness Environmental Solutions, Inc.
8.8. Shandong Laizhou Highly Bio-products Co.ltd
8.10. Meron biopolymers
9. Global Chitosan Market – Appendix