Breast Cancer Drugs Market
- Breast cancer drugs are majorly divided into chemotherapy, hormone therapy, and targeted biological therapy. Chemotherapy is a systemic drug treatment intended to stop cancer cells from dividing and growing.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, Chemotherapy is often associated with unpleasant side effects since it targets all rapidly growing cells, in addition to cancer cells.
- Targeted/biological therapies (or immune targeted therapies) focus on blocking the actions of certain normal body proteins that allow cancer cells to grow and divide. These treatments target cancer cells, lessening toxicity and reducing side effects.
- The global breast cancer drugs market was worth XX million in 2018 and is forecasted to reach XX million by 2026, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
Breast Cancer Drugs Market Dynamics
- Increase in prevalence of breast cancer cases across the globe, the rapid surge in awareness of breast cancer among the disease population and increase in survival rate of breast cancer population are driving the global breast cancer drugs market during the forecast period.Market Drivers
- According to the American Cancer Society in 2018, it is estimated that 266,120 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in women in unites states.
- According to Breast Cancer organization in 2018, estimated that About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- Major factors hindering the global breast cancer drugs market during the forecast period are the side effects caused by the disease population post medication it includes early menopause, bleeding, diarrhea, and others, and high cost associated with the therapeutic treatment.
Breast Cancer Drugs Market Segmentation Analysis
- Global breast cancer drugs market is segmented by therapy type and distribution channel. By therapy type includes hormone therapy, chemotherapy, and targeted therapy, hormone therapy includes selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), Aromatase Inhibitors, Estrogen-receptor down-regulators (ERD), and luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone agents (LHRH).
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, The chemotherapy segment includes adjuvant chemotherapy, neoadjuvant chemotherapy, and advanced breast cancer, and targeted therapy includes trastuzumab, trastuzumab, ado-trastuzumab emtansine, lapatinib, and neratinib. The distribution channel hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, clinics, retail Pharmacies, and online pharmacies.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, Targeted therapy dominate the global breast cancer drugs market during the forecast period due to its less side effects offered by the treatment compared to the conventional therapy and cost-effective nature. Targeted cancer therapies or drugs that block the growth and spread of cancer by interfering with specific molecules that involved in growth, progression and spread of cancer.
Breast Cancer Drugs Market Geographical Share Analysis
- The global breast cancer drugs market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominates the global breast cancer drugs market owing to rise in prevalence of breast cancer, the presence of key players and a rapid surge in extensive usage of targeted therapies across the region and it is expected remain high during the forecast period.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, Presence of developed healthcare infrastructure and increased spending by the diseased population for treatment and continuous ongoing research by key players & research organizations for the development of advanced or targeted drugs is additionally contributing to the growth in North America during the forecast period.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, According to American Cancer society, surveillance and health services research in 2016, approximately 50% of breast cancer diseased population were given a combination of mastectomy, radiation therapy and chemotherapy as their treatment plan by doctors.
Breast Cancer Drugs Market Competitive Trend Analysis
- Recent FDA and European Union ( EU) approvals for advanced or metastatic breast cancer and new product launches by regional players are driving the global Breast Cancer Drugs market during the forecast period.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, In January 2019, Hetero launches generic breast cancer treatment drug under the brand name ‘Hertab’ with the strength of 250g in India.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, In October 2018, Eli Lilly’s CDK 4 and 6 inhibitor Verzenios has been approved by the European Union for the treatment of certain metastatic breast cancers.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, In July 2018, Novartis received new U.S FDA approval for Kisqali® (ribociclib for women with hormone-receptor-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 negative (HR+/HER2-) advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, In February 2018, Eli Lilly & co received FDA approval for expanded usage of Verzenio breast cancer drug as an initial treatment for certain women with advanced or metastatic disease.
- Breast Cancer Drugs Market, Major market players in the breast cancer drugs market are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Novartis AG, Abbvie, Inc, Eli Lilly and Company, Astrazeneca, Celgene Corporation, Biocon, Merck & Co, Inc, Janssen Global Services LLC,
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Breast Cancer Drugs Market
1. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The Scope of the market
2. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Trends
3. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Outlook
3.5. Supply Chain Analysis
3.6. Technological Advancements
3.7. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Segmentation Analysis
4.1. By Therapy Type
4.1.1. Hormone therapy
18.104.22.168. Aromatase Inhibitors
22.214.171.124. Adjuvant Chemotherapy
126.96.36.199. Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
188.8.131.52. Advanced Breast Cancer
4.1.3. Targeted Therapy
184.108.40.206.2. Ado-Trastuzumab Emtansine
4.2. By Distribution Channel
4.2.2. Ambulatory Surgical centers
4.2.4. Retail Pharmacies
4.2.5. Online Pharmacies
5. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. Geographic Overview
5.2. North America
5.2.1. The U.S.
5.3.2. The U.K.
5.3.6. Rest of Europe
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5. Asia Pacific
5.5.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.6. Middle East and Africa
6. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Competitive Analysis
6.1. Competitive Scenario
6.2. Heat Map Analysis
6.3. Product Benchmarking
7. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Company Profiles
7.1. F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
7.2. Novartis Ag
7.3. Abbvie, Inc.
7.4. Eli Lilly And Company
7.6. Celgene Corporation
7.8. Merck & Co., Inc
7.9. Janssen Global Services Llc
7.10. Genzyme Corporation
8. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Key companies to watch
9. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Emerging Companies
10. Breast Cancer Drugs Market Appendix
10.2. List of Tables
10.3. Expert Panel Validation
10.5. Contact Us