Pfizer Launches Biosimilar Filgrastim, Nivestym, at a Substantial Discount
PUBLISHED: [post_updated] | Available Formats
Global Biosimilar’s Market – Size, Share and Forecast (2018 – 2025)
- The global biosimilar’s market is estimated to be USD XX billion in 2017, and the market is expected to grow at a double-digit growth rate in the forecasted period 2018-2021.
- Growing strategic partnerships among the companies for the development of the biosimilars, high growth of the biosimilars across the world, outsourcing of the biosimilars are some of the key trends observed in the global biosimilars market.
- Low product development costs of the biosimilars (~200-300 million) compared to other biologics products (~700-800 million), less time is taken for the product’s approval (~2-3 years less than biologics), growing demand for cost-effective treatment, increasing patent expiries, favorable reimbursements policies for the biosimilars, and reliable product pipeline for the biosimilars are some of the significant factors favoring the growth of the biosimilars.
- Limited availability of biosimilars, challenges in clinical trials, and high risks of product failure are some of the critical problems in the biosimilars market.
Segmentation by Application
- The Biosimilars market by application is segmented into oncology, Blood Disorders, Growth Hormonal Deficiency, Chronic and Autoimmune Disorders, and others.
- Oncology biosimilars are one of the largest and the fastest growing market for biosimilars in the forecasted period. Large numbers of biosimilars are expected to lose its patent during the predicted period while oncology biosimilars are estimated to launch during the same period strengthening the market for oncolytic biosimilars.
Segmentation by Geography
- By geography, Europe dominated the global biosimilars market share in 2017. Regulatory support for the market and raising incidents for cancer in the European region are some of the major factors driving the European market.
- The market for biosimilars in the United Kingdom is mature, well established, and easy to enter making it one of the fastest growing regions in the European area.
- United States market is not favorable for the biosimilars due to poor access to biosimilars, and conducive regulatory environment and because of which the market is growing at the slower rate but is estimated to increase in the forecasted period. Emerging nations have a high presence of biosimilars and are highly supporting the growth of the market.
Segmentation by Therapy Type
- Recombinant Non-Glycosylated Proteins
- Human growth hormone
- Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor
- Recombinant Glycosylated Proteins
- Monoclonal antibodies
Segmentation by Application
- Blood Disorders
- Growth Hormonal Deficiency
- Chronic and Autoimmune Disorders
Segmentation by End User
- Retail Pharmacies
- The report also covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product
- Benchmarking, and company profiles.
Reasons for purchasing the report?
• Visualize the composition of the global Biosimilars market with the clear distinction between each design type and usage type.
• Identify commercial opportunities in the global Biosimilars market analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points in the global Biosimilars market.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
• Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
• Service Providers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1: Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the report
2: Industry Analysis
2.1 Market Drivers
2.2 Market Restraints
2.3 Porters Five Forces
3. Market Overview
3.1 Epidemiology Analysis
3.2 Clinical Trial Analysis
4. Product Pipeline Analysis
5. Segmentation by Therapy Type
5.1 Recombinant Non-Glycosylated Proteins
5.1.1 Human growth hormone
5.1.2 Granulocyte colony-stimulating factor
5.2 Recombinant Glycosylated Proteins
5.2.2 Monoclonal antibodies
6. Segmentation by Application
6.2 Blood Disorders
6.3 Growth Hormonal Deficiency
6.4 Chronic and Autoimmune Disorders
7. Segmentation by End User
7.2 Retail Pharmacies
8. Regional, Country level analysis
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.4 Rest of North America
8.2.1 United Kingdom
8.2.5 Rest of Europe
8.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.4 South America
8.4.3 Rest of South America
8.5 Rest of the World
9. Market Forecast Analysis
9.1 Market Player Analysis
9.2 Key Strategies Adopted by Major companies
10. Company Profiles
10.3 Teva Pharmaceuticals
10.7 Dr. Reddy’s
10.10 AbbVie Inc
11.2 Contact Us