Automotive Composite Materials Market
What are automotive composite materials?
- Composites materials are novel materials with superior properties such as high corrosion resistance, chemical resistance. They are also light in weight when compared to metals.
Automotive Composite Materials Market Dynamics
- Lightweight property of composites is essential for automotive manufacturing.
- Vehicle’s fuel efficiency highly depends on the overall weight of the vehicle.
- When lightweight materials like composites are used in the construction of automobile components, the overall weight of the vehicle decreases thereby increasing fuel efficiency.
- This factor acts as a major driver for the growth of global automotive composite materials market.
- The main motto of using composite materials in automotives is to make the vehicle lighter, safe and fuel-efficient.
- However, high costs involved in the manufacturing of composites impede the growth of the market.
- Regulations enacted by the government to reduce carbon emissions by manufacturing lightweight vehicles are fuelling the growth of the automotive composite material market.
- The strong presence of regulatory associations, such as the Environmental Protection Agency and REACH, is also expected to help the overall market indirectly.
- Moreover, composite materials when subjected to crash cause minimal damage. This is due to their superior mechanical properties such as high strength, fatigue resistance, resistance to chemicals, fire, corrosion, and crack propagation.
- These superior set of properties offer lucrative opportunities for composite materials in automotives in the coming years.
- On the other side, manufacturing costs associated with composites are comparatively higher than plastics. This is anticipated to hamper the growth of the global automotive composite material market.
Automotive Composite Materials Segmentation
Based on the type of material used, the global automotive composite market can be classified into
- Metal matrix composites
- Polymer matrix composites
- Ceramic matrix composites
Automotive Composite Materials Industry Forecast
- The polymer matrix composites segment is anticipated to expand at a higher growth rate during the forecast period due to its superior properties such as lightweight and comparatively low cost of manufacturing.
Global Automotive Composite Materials Manufacturers
Key players active in the market include
- Pentaxia, Crawford Composites LLC
- Owens Corning
- Toray Industries
- SGL Group.
- It offers a wide range of production technologies along the fiber value chain. It offers customers a wide choice of carbon fiber products by employing advanced manufacturing process such as automated braiding process.
Why should you buy this report?
- This report provides extensive qualitative and quantitative assessment of the present and future trends in automotive composite materials market
- It focuses on the various market dynamics that have an impact on the growth of the market
- The report documents recent industry trends and developments in vehicle diagnostics market
- It has product mapping for key automotive composite materials products of all the major market players
- The listing of profiles of key players of the market is done along with their recent developments, product portfolio, and other business strategies
Who are the target audiences for this report?
- Global Automotive Composite Materials Manufacturers
- Automotive OEMs
- Suppliers, Dealers, and Distributors of Automotive Composite Materials
- Research Organizations and Academia
- Associations, Organization Related to Automotives
- Emerging Companies
- Market Research and Consulting Firms
Automotive Composite Materials Market
1. Automotive Composite Materials Marke – Introduction
1.1 Study Scope
1.2 Market Introduction
2. Automotive Composite Materials Market – Assumptions and Research Methodology
3. Automotive Composite Materials Market – Executive Summary
3.1 Vehicle Diagnostic Market Size, by Region
4. Industry Analysis
4.1 Market Dynamics
4.2 Key Industrial Developments in Vehicle Diagnostic Market
4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Competition Degree
4.3.2 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.5 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5. Vehicle Diagnostic Market Segmentation by Application
5.1 Vehicle Tracking
5.2 Vehicle Health Alert
5.3 Automatic Crash Notification
5.4 Road-side Assistance
6. Vehicle Diagnostic Market Segmentation by Connectivity
7. Vehicle Diagnostic Market Segmentation by Vehicle Type
7.1 Passenger Vehicle
7.2 Commercial Vehicle
7.2.1 Light Commercial Vehicle
7.2.2 Heavy Commercial Vehicle
8. Vehicle Diagnostic Market Segmentation by Region, Country
8.1 North America
8.1.4 Rest of North America
8.2.5 Rest of Europe
8.3 South America
8.3.3 Rest of South America
8.4 Asia Pacific
8.4.4 Rest of Asia Pacific
8.5 Rest of the World
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Company Profiles
9.1.1 Robert Bosch GmbH
18.104.22.168 Company Description
22.214.171.124 Recent Financials
126.96.36.199 Business Segments and Product Portfolio
188.8.131.52 Strategic Analysis and Key Developments
9.1.2 Delphi Automotive
9.1.3 Continental AG
9.1.6 Onstar LLC
9.1.7 Voxx International
9.1.8 Magneti Marelli S.p.A
9.1.10 INmatix Technology Group
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Product Mapping
10.2 List of Tables
10.3 Expert Panel Validation
10.5 Contact Us