Anti-Hypertension Drugs Market
- The global anti-hypertension drugs market is estimated to be USD 33.12 billion in 2017, and the market has grown at a CAGR of XX% in the period 2013-2017.
- The global anti hypertension therapeutics market is estimated to decline at a CAGR of XX% during 2017-2020 and grow after that. Patent expiry of the major drugs is the primary reason for the decline in the market during 2017-2020 while new launches are forecasted to increase the demand from 2020-2025.
Anti-Hypertension Drugs Market Dynamics
- High penetration of fixed dosage drugs, rise in prevalence of the global population suffering with hypertension, growth in the chronic diseases, and growing patient assistance programmes are some of the major factors driving the growth of the market.
- Patent expiry of major drugs, the adverse impact of drugs, the presence of a considerable number of substitutes, and poor patient compliance are the significant factors challenging the growth of the market in the forecasted period.
Anti-Hypertension Drugs Market Segmentation Analysis
Segmentation by Drug Type
- Anti Hypertension market by drug type is segmented into Systemic Hypertension and Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Systemic Hypertension market accounts for the largest market share in the forecasted period while the market is witnessing a negative growth in the market in the predicted period. Patent expiry of drugs and generic erosion are the major factors for the decline in the market value of the Systemic Hypertension market.
- Pfizer’s Micardis and Daiichi Sankyo’s Benicar are some of the major drugs whose patents have been expired during 2014-2017. The Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market accounts only for a significant market share in the forecasted period while the market between 3.5%-5.5% annually during the forested period 2018-2025.
- Expiry of Actelion Pharmaceuticals Tracleer in 2015 had a negative impact on the growth of the market while the growing usage of fixed-dose combinations is estimated to drive the growth of the market.
Segmentation by Geography
- In 2017, North America dominated the global anti hypertension therapeutics market with the United States being the major contributor to the North American and global market.
- The market in the North American region has been continuously declining due to the patent expiry while companies focus on combination therapy has prevented the growth of the market share.
- Expected new product launches in the forecasted period are estimated to further support the growth of the market in the predicted period.
- The Asia-Pacific region is the fastest growing market in the forecasted period due to increasing awareness, large patient population, rising per capita health care spending, and government initiatives.
Anti-Hypertension Drugs Market Competitive Trends
- Majority of the focus by companies in the anti-hypertension therapeutics market is focusing on the development of the generic drugs with very few products in the pipeline for the novel drugs. Novartis, Sanofi, Actelion Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Daiichi Sankyo are some of the major companies in the global anti-hypertension therapeutics market.
Why Purchase the Report?
• Visualize the composition of the global anti-hypertension therapeutics market with a clear distinction between each design type and usage type.
• Identify commercial opportunities in the global anti-hypertension therapeutics market analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points in the global anti-hypertension therapeutics market.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
• Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
• Service Providers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
1. Anti-Hypertension Drugs Market Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the report
2. Anti-Hypertension Drugs Market Industry Analysis
2.1 Market Drivers
2.2 Market Restraints
2.3 Porters Five Forces
3. Anti-Hypertension Drugs Market Outlook
3.1 Epidemiology Analysis
3.2 Clinical Trial Analysis
4. Product Pipeline Analysis
5. Segmentation by Therapy Type
5.1 Calcium Channel Blockers
5.3 Beta Blockers Vasodilators
5.4 Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors
5.5 Alpha Blockers
5.6 Angiotensin Receptor Blockers
5.7 Renin Inhibitors
5.8 Endothelin receptor antagonist
5.9 Prostacyclin Analogs
5.10 Phosphodiesterase inhibitors
5.11 sGC stimulators
6. Segmentation by Drug Class
6.1 Systemic Hypertension
6.2 Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
7. Segmentation by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.4 Rest of North America
7.2.1 United Kingdom
7.2.5 Rest of Europe
7.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4 South America
7.4.3 Rest of South America
7.5 Rest of the World
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Market Player Analysis
8.2 Key Strategies Adopted by Major companies
9. Company Profiles
9.1 Daiichi Sankyo
9.2 Boehringer Ingelheim
9.7 Actelion Pharmaceuticals
9.8 Johnson and Johnson
10.2 Contact Us