Agricultural Robots Market
- Agriculture is one of the principal economic activities for any country, which is gradually evolving from a manual occupation to a highly mechanized practice due to the use of modernized tools and equipment.
- Agriculture robots perform different operational tasks such as capturing images, seeding, spraying water, harvesting, and milking among others.
- Most of the market vendors are now actively seeking to deliver high precision autonomous machines. For instance, Trimble Inc. has enhanced the positioning accuracy of their devices, which is expected to provide two-centimeter accuracy for a broad range of positioning applications.
- The global Agriculture Robots market is accounted for XX USD million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.43% to reach XX USD million in 2026.
Agricultural Robots Market Drivers and Restraints
- The growing population and with it, the increasing demand for food, and the lack of human labor are the primary key drivers of the agricultural robot market.
- The continuous demographic surges have increased the demand for food rapidly, which has caused an emerging need for ensuring food sufficiency for the growing global population.
- The relative decline in the agricultural workforce is expected to drive the global agrarian robot market.
- Moreover, the improved efficiency and cost saving provided as a result of reduced usage of chemicals have boosted the adoption of robots in agriculture. For instance, Blue River is developing “See and Spray” weed control machine, which is expected to be launched by 2019, uses an onboard camera to distinguish weeds from crops and squirt herbicides only where necessary, which is expected to help farmers reduce the amount of herbicide applied by 90 percent.
- The substantial capital investments required and the lack of awareness among the end users are the primary factors that might hinder the market growth. Moreover, the high prices of these robots would pose a significant challenge, as it could be a tough sell to the majority of farmers.
Agricultural Robots Market Segmentation Analysis
- The global Agriculture Robots market is segmented by the type, application, and the offering.
- By type, the global agricultural robot market is segmented into UAVs, milking robots, harvesting systems, driverless systems, and others.
- Harvesting systems is the most widely used application in agricultural robots as it plays a vital role in understanding the field variability and helps farmers in maximizing their yields.
- Moreover, the increasing labor cost is motivating farm owners to adopt automated harvesting system. Automated harvesting management held the largest market share among all applications due to the high adoption rate among farmers and growers.
- Human-crewed Aerial Vehicle (UAV) segment in the global agriculture market is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period, owing to the increasing decline in human labor.
- By application, the global agricultural robot market is segmented into harvesting and picking, weed control, dairy management, soil management, and others.
- By offering type, the global agrarian robot market is segmented into hardware-automation and control system, sensor and monitory devices, software, services, and others.
Agricultural Robots Geographical Analysis
- The global Agriculture Robots market is segmented into the regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and others.
- North America is the leading geographical segment in the global agricultural robot market, owing to the lack of human labor and the efficient and high production of specific farming requirements.
- The agricultural industry in the US is experiencing labor shortages in various part of the United States due to the common immigration policies in the US, which has provided a great incentive in developing unmanned systems and automation in agricultural uses.
- For instance, Harvest Automation, a key market innovator based in New Hampshire, has observed a significant push from the farmers to accelerate automation of the agriculture industry and developed flagship products that perform material handling tasks in an unstructured, outdoor environment.
- These agricultural robots work safely alongside people and require minimal training to operate, while vastly reducing production costs and improving productivity. Asia Pacific region is the fastest growing region, owing to the more rapid rate of adoption of autonomous technologies in the agriculture industry.
Agricultural Robots Market Competitive Analysis
- The global Agriculture Robots market is highly concentrated with various global and regional players. The key market players are highly focused on their distribution channel and enhancing their machinery with better technologies.
- For instance, Deere & Company has acquired Blue River Technology, which is a leader in applying machine learning to agriculture, to enhance their leadership position in precision agriculture.
- The key vendors are also focused on developing robots that are highly differentiated and application-specific robots. For instance, in September 2017, John Deere spent USD 305 Million in developing a lettuce-farming robot, which now occupies 10% of the US lettuce production.
- This Lettuce Bot is used on fields with young lettuce plants that are too small or growing on top of one another, which readily distinguishes between crops and weeds and targets the unwanted plants.
Few of the key market players of the global Agriculture Robots market are:
- AG Eagle LLC
- Agjunction, Inc.
- Agribotix LLC
- Boumatic Robotics, B.V.
- Deere & Company
- Harvest Automation, Inc.
- Lely Holding S.À.R.L
- PrecisionHawk, Inc.
- Trimble Inc.
- The Harvesting systems occupy a predominant share of the global agricultural robot market.
- The market for uncrewed vehicles will grow at a higher pace compared to the harvesting systems in the forecast period, owing to the decline in the agricultural workforce.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the Agriculture Robots market across each indication, regarding type, application and offering options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in Agriculture Robots market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points from the Agriculture Robots market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Agricultural Robots Market
1. Agricultural Robots Market Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Agricultural Robots Industry Trends
2.1 Key Trends & Developments
3. Agricultural Robots Market Outlook
3.1 Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2 Porter 5 Forces
4. Agriculture Robots Market – Product-based Analysis
4.1 By Type
4.1.2 Milking Robots
4.1.3 Harvesting Systems
4.1.4 Driverless Tractors
4.1.5 Others (Material Management)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Harvesting and picking
4.2.2 Weed Control
4.2.3 Dairy Management
4.2.4 Soil Management
4.2.5 Others (Inventory Management, Autonomous mowing, pruning, spraying and thinning)
4.3 By Offering
4.3.1 Hardware-Automation & Control System
4.3.2 Sensor & Monitoring Device
5. Agriculture Robots Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1 Global Agricultural Robots Market- Geographic Overview
5.2 North America
5.2.1 The USA
5.3 South America
5.3.3 Rest of South America
5.4.2 The United Kingdom
5.4.4 Rest of Europe
5.5.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6. Agriculture Robots Market – Competitive Analysis
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7. Agricultural Robotics Market – Company Profiles
7.1 AG Eagle LLC.
7.2 Agjunction, Inc.
7.3 Agribotix LLC
7.4 Boumatic Robotics, B.V.
7.5 Deere & Company
7.6 SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd.
7.7 Harvest Automation, Inc.
7.8 Lely Holding S.À.R.L
7.9 PrecisionHawk, Inc.
7.10 Trimble Inc.
8. Agriculture Robotics Market – Appendix
8.2 List of Tables
8.3 Expert Panel Validation
8.5 Contact Us