Waste to Energy Market
- Waste to energy is a technology to utilize waste as a fuel source to generate electricity. This technology can reduce urban waste by up to 90%. Waste to energy technology contributes to sustainable practices by producing clean energy and reducing the disposal or landfilling of waste.
- Global waste to energy market is accounted for a market value of USD xx billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% to reach USD xx billion by 2026.
Waste to Energy Market Dynamics
- Growing economy, rapid urbanization, and industrialization which will contribute to the higher municipal solid waste that drives the growth of waste to energy market in the coming years. Globally, an estimate of more than 6 million tons of waste per day is expected by 2026.
- Complex design considerations for waste treatment and air pollution treatment are the critical restraints that are hampering the market growth.
Waste to Energy Industry Segmentation Analysis
- Global waste to energy market is segmented by technology and waste/ fuel type.
- By technology, the market is segmented in to thermal and biological. The biological segment is expected to have significant growth in the forecast period with increasing effectiveness in the conversion of waste to fuel and energy with reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- By fuel type, the market is segmented as solid waste, liquid waste, and gaseous waste. Solid waste is accounted for the significant share in the market with growing urbanization trends and increasing municipal solid waste in recent years.
Waste to Energy Market Geographical Share
- By Geography the market is segmented into the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the World. Europe is accounted for the significant share in the global waste to the energy market and is supported by well-developed municipal solid waste management for disposal or treatment.
- Asia Pacific region is expected to post strong growth in the coming years with increasing waste generation and investments for waste management and utilization in energy generation.
- China produces about 300 million tons of Municipal solid waste per annum and is expected to reach 500 million tons by 2025. Thus this increase in municipal waste will offer furthermore opportunities for Waste to Energy market in the coming years.
Waste to Energy Market Competitive Trends
- The key players in the waste to energy market are Covanta Energy, China Everbright, and others. Market players are developing new technologies for waste management and energy conversion to be competitive in the market.
- For instance, in November 2018, Geforce has launched new technology called Plasmolysis to generate hydrogen from industrial wastewater, further mixing with biogas produces hydrogen-enriched compressed natural gas (HCNG), which is a cost-effective, eco-friendly fuel for generation of electricity.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global waste to energy market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in universal waste to energy market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global waste to energy market.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the principal products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Waste To Energy Market
1. Waste to Energy Market - Scope And Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Scope of the market
2. Waste to Energy Market - Industry Trends
2.1. Key Market Trends and Developments
3. Waste to Energy Market Outlook
3.3. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.4. Emerging Technologies
4. Waste to Energy Market - Segmentation Analysis
4.1. By technology type
4.2. By waste/ fuel type
4.2.1. Solid Waste
4.2.2. Liquid Waste
4.2.3. Gaseous Waste
5. Waste to Energy Market - Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1.4. Rest of North America
5.2.4. Rest of Europe
5.3. Asia Pacific
5.3.4. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4. Rest of the World
6. Waste to Energy Market - Competitive Analysis
6.1. Market Share/ Rank Analysis
6.2. Key strategies adopted by market players
7. Waste to Energy Market - Company Profiles
7.1. Covanta Energy
7.2. China Everbright
7.3. Suez Environment (SITA)
7.4. Veolia Environmental
7.6. Keppel Seghers Belgium N.V.
7.7. MVV Energie AG
7.8. China Metallurgical Group
7.9. Fluence Corporation
7.10. Waste Management Inc.
8. Waste to Energy Market - Appendix
8.2. Contact Us