Table of Content
Urban Pest Management Market is segmented By Application (Residential, Commercial, Others), By Pest Type (Mosquito, Bed Bug, Termite, Cockroaches, Others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
[195 Pages Report] The Global "Urban Pest Management Market" is expected to grow at a high CAGR of 5.7% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Pest management includes firms that are involved in the professional management of pests, termites, rodents, and other species that can cause health issues or undesired quality of life for humans. The industry caters to both residential customers and commercial establishments.
- The primary function of pest control services is to maintain hygienic surroundings that are free of pests that could hurt commercial interests or endanger health.
By Application, By Pest Type, And By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other key insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To realize the suppositions considered for the review, Request for Free Sample Report Click Here
- The global urban pest management market is driven by the rising of insurance-based pest control services, growing hospitality, pharmaceutical, and food processing industries, and the complexity of pest control procedures and safety protocols for chemicals used in pest control.
- Owing to the significant costs associated with pest control, many players in the market are coming up with insurance-based pest control services, especially for commercial customers. Major hotels and other businesses are opting for these pest control services.
- Terminix, for instance, has partnered with Aon (an insurance provider) to provide insurance coverage against bed bug infestations, primarily for commercial customers such as hotels, community housing developments, and other businesses. As standard insurance policies provided for commercial properties do not include extermination costs, a round of pest control can require considerable investment.
- The growing availability of specialized insurance policies will allow customers to control their expenses and access a reliable service provider.
- However, the implementation of stringent regulations and consequent costs to service providers, and pressure on pricing strategies might hamper the market growth.
- The industry is regulated by various state and federal authorities and must adhere to environmental laws. The market is highly fragmented, and many small vendors that are not thoroughly monitored operate in the space. The quality of the pesticides used may be compromised to keep costs low.
- The penalties imposed for non-compliance include cancellation of licenses, fines, and other corrective actions. The introduction of regulations like the REACH and the Biocidal Products Regulation in Europe has considerable importance in this market.
- The Global Urban Pest Management market is segmented by application and pest type. The Global Urban Pest Management market is segmented by application as residential commercial and other. Urbanization is one of the key factors driving the demand for pest control in the residential segment.
- The proximity of living quarters in most urban centers allows pests to spread easily. Pest spread is aggravated by factors like overcrowding, inefficient waste disposal, water logging during the rainy season, and poor building quality, which are common in large cities
- The residential segment primarily requires services like bird-proofing, rodent extermination, fumigation, mosquito, the bed bug, ant, and cockroach eradication. Commercial customers include the hospitality, retail, healthcare, education, and institutional sectors.
- The urban pest management market is segmented by pest type as Mosquito, Bed Bug, Termite, Cockroaches, and Others. General pest control includes the eradication of ants, flies, cockroaches, fleas, bed bugs, spiders, mosquitoes, moths, wasps and bees, ticks, rodents, beetles, gnats, silverfish, stink bugs, millipedes, weevils, and mites for the commercial and residential sectors. It also provides anti-fungal treatment and disinfection and extermination of viruses and bacteria through safe techniques and chemicals.
- The Global Urban Pest Management market is segmented geographically by region into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). North America is the leading segment in the global Urban Pest Management market.
- An estimated 20,000 pest control companies are operating in North America alone in the year 2016. The pest control services market in the UK is growing at a rate of approximately 6% annually. Increased international travel has fueled the spread of pests such as bed bugs, while climate changes have led to the spread of insects such as the oak processionary moth, which can cause serious health issues as well as severe damage to oak trees.
- Although the slow economic growth in the region, particularly in The US has adversely affected demand in a few end-user markets, the increased demand for pest control services from APAC countries has offset the effects of the slowdown in the Americas.
- Although the nature of the business is seasonal, North America is a mature market with customers prioritizing prevention and monitoring rather than reactive measures. Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, and Peru are some of the key countries in South America.
The Urban Pest Management market is highly fragmented, with the presence of numerous global and local market players vying for market share through the launch of new products and expansion of business reach. The significant market players include Indian Pest Control Company, Terminix International Company, and Ecolab Inc.
- The key market players have adopted acquisition as a key strategy to improve their market presence. Ecolab acquired Food Protection Services, Royal Pest Solutions, and Research Fumigation Company to provide an extensive product portfolio in Pest management services in March 2018.
• The hot Urban Pest Management segment is the leading segment owing to its superior abrasion and chemical resistance, inertness towards oil and solvents, enhanced load-bearing capacity, and resistance towards fatigue.
• Asia-Pacific is the leading geographical segment owing to the wide-scale consumption of Urban Pest Management in automotive and industrial sectors, and increased efforts of industrialization.
• The companies are focused on the expansion of business reach through the opening of production facilities in key geographical regions through acquired subsidiaries. For instance, in March 2018, Japan-based Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. announced its plans to set up a new production facility for MILASTOMER™ thermoplastic olefin elastomer at the Ohio plant of its U.S. subsidiary Advanced Composites, Inc., to address the growing demand in North America and serve as the company’s fourth production base worldwide.
The scope of the Report
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Competitive Scenario, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. Urban Pest Management Market is segmented by type into cold cast elastomer and hot cast elastomer. By end-user, the global Urban Pest Management market is segmented into automotive & transportation, industrial, mining, oil & gas, and others. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
Agricultural Biologicals Market
Agriculture Miticide Market
Pesticides Integrated Pest Management Market
What is the Growth Rate of the Urban Pest Management Market?
Grow at a high CAGR of 5.7% during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
What Companies Are Included in the Urban Pest Management Market?
Indian Pest Control Company, Terminix International Company, and Ecolab Inc.
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy