Thermal Ceramics Market
- The Global Thermal Ceramics Market was valued at USD xx million in 2018 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2026, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026.
- Thermal Ceramics are used as insulation materials, because of their ability to withstand high temperatures, and are used for lining furnaces and kilns.
- Thermal Ceramics products often exist in the form of blankets, boards, felts, bulk fibers, vacuum-formed or cast shapes, paper, and textiles.
- Their lightweight, thermal-shock resistance, and strength make them useful in many industries. Modern technologies enable the production of highly porous foam ceramics, intended for use as energy-efficient thermal insulation in blast furnaces.
- These thermal insulation products significantly reduce energy consumption and emissions in a variety of high-temperature processing applications.
Thermal Ceramics Market Dynamics
- The use of thermal ceramic products or ceramic wool for insulation purposes has become very popular nowadays. Almost all companies today demand these products because they are mainly used to control heat.
- Ceramic fiber products widely used by various businesses that involve operations and manufacturing processes that generate or use high temperatures.
- Thermal ceramics have various useful features such as low thermal conductivity, low heat storage, high tensile strength, thermal shock resistance, and sound absorption.
- These properties of thermal ceramics yield various applications especially in metal & petrochemical industries and other industries such as process heaters, heat treating furnaces, ethylene furnaces, all furnace linings requiring a protective barrier.
- Thermal ceramics are easy to install, contains no binder, contains no asbestos, no curing on dry out time required which makes them preferable over other alternatives.
- Companies operating in the thermal ceramic market are launching innovative products. In 2017, Unifrax began their latest low bio-persistent thermal insulation using enhanced fi-binarization techniques combined with new proprietary processing technology to provide customers with improved thermal and physical characteristics.
Thermal Ceramics Industry Segmentation Analysis
- Thermal Ceramics Market is segmented by Type, Temperature Range, and by the application. By type, thermal ceramics market is segmented into insulation bricks and ceramic fiber. The Ceramic fiber segment consists of a ceramic blanket, cloth, rope, paper, board, etc.
- They are used in fire doors, furnace insulation, individual heat-resistant containers and for heating pipes, for situations with direct exposure to flames, as gaskets to hold or keep out high temperatures.
- Ceramic fiber segment dominated the market, and it is expected to grow at the fastest rate. Insulation bricks are mainly used in glass industries, ceramics industries, electrolytic aluminum industries, iron & steel industries, non-ferrous metals industries, and power generation industries.
- By temperature range, thermal ceramics market is segmented into 600-1000 celsius, 1000-1400 Celsius, 1400-1600 Celsius, and above 1600 Celsius. Thermal ceramics used for 1000-1400 Celsius temperature range accounted for significant market share.
- By application, thermal ceramics market is segmented into mining & metal processing, chemical & petrochemical, manufacturing, power generation, and others.
- Mining & metal processing segment accounted for significant market share due to extensive use in both ferrous & non-ferrous metal processing.
- In metal industry, they can be used for burner blocks, covers, curtains, emission control, expansion joints, furnace linings, gaskets, hot gas filtration, insulation, mold linings, and nozzle shrouds.
- In chemical & petrochemical, they are used for acoustical insulation, boilers, catalyst recovery, fire protection, ground flares, hot gas filtration, personnel/equipment protection, seals, insulation, etc.
- In manufacturing, they are frequently used in automotive & aerospace industry for electric car battery insulation, AGM battery separators, lib battery fire protection, exhaust system insulation, friction materials, fuel filtration, gaskets, start-stop batteries, airbag filtration, aircraft appliance insulation, aircraft heat shields, cable wraps, cryogenic insulation, and electronics fire protection.
- Manufacturing segment is expected to witness the fastest growth due to the automotive industry, especially electric cars. In power generation, they are used for thermal oxidizers, waste incineration, boilers, personnel/equipment protection, polysilicon reactors, etc.
Thermal Ceramics Market Geographical Share
- By region, global thermal ceramics market is segmented into North America, South Ameri-ca, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific segment dominates the market due to massive industrial activity in the region, especially in China.
- Asia-Pacific is also expected to be the fastest growing due to growth in the metal processing industry, automotive, and construction sector in China.
Thermal Ceramics Market Key Companies
- Global Thermal Ceramics Market is very competitive. Some of the notable players in the Thermal Ceramics Market are Morgan Thermal Ceramics, Unifrax, IBIDEN, Isolite Insulating Products, YESO Insulating Products, Luyang Energy-Saving, RHI Magnesita, Rath Inc., Nutec, Vitcas Ltd, and Mineral Seal Corporation.
- In Sept 2017, Unifrax launched their latest low bio-persistent thermal insulation Isofrax® 1400 blanket and modules which from the high-temperature LBP technology first introduced by Unifrax.
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Thermal Ceramics Market across each indication, regarding type, function, application highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in the Thermal Ceramics Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Thermal Ceramics Market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the key Thermal Ceramics Market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Thermal Ceramics Market
1. Thermal Ceramics Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Thermal Ceramics Market – Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Thermal Ceramics Market Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Patent Analysis
3.4. Regulatory Analysis
4. Thermal Ceramics Market Segmentation – By Type
4.1. Ceramic Fiber
4.2. Insulation Bricks
5. Thermal Ceramics Market Segmentation – By Temperature Range
5.1. 600-1000 Celsius
5.2. 1000-1400 Celsius
5.3. 1400-1600 Celsius
5.4. Above 1600 Celsius
6. Thermal Ceramics Market – Application-based Analysis
6.1. Mining & Metal Processing
6.2. Chemical & Petrochemical
6.4. Power Generation
7. Thermal Ceramics Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
7.1. North America
7.1.1. The United States
7.2. South America
7.2.3. Rest of South America
7.3.2. United Kingdom
7.3.4. Rest of Europe
7.4.3. South Korea
7.4.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8. Thermal Ceramics Market – Competitive Analysis
8.1. Market Share/Rank Analysis
8.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8.3. Product Benchmarking
9. Thermal Ceramics Market – Company Profiles
9.1. Morgan Thermal Ceramics
9.4. Isolite Insulating Products
9.5. YESO Insulating Products
9.6. Luyang Energy-Saving
9.7. RHI Magnesita
9.8. Rath Inc.
9.10. Vitcas Ltd
9.11. Mineral Seal Corporation
Note: Additional company profiles will be included on client request.
10. Thermal Ceramics Market – Appendix