Soy Beverages Market
- Global Soy Beverages Market was valued at xx million in 2017 and is expected to reach xx million in 2025 at a CAGR of xx% over the forecast period (2018 to 2025).
- Soy-milk is the most popular soy Beverage. It is nutritionally adequate and alternative to milk. It is a plant-based drink produced by extracting nutrients from soybeans. It is a stable emulsion of oil, water, and Proteins.
- In European countries, specific legislations prohibit the word ‘milk’ for drinks not made from mammary secretions. In Europe, they are labeled as ‘soy-drink.’
Soy Beverages Market Dynamics
- Soymilk is seen as a healthy alternative to dairy milk, as it is low in fat, contains no cholesterol and high in protein. Soy proteins also decrease LDL Cholesterol and increase HDL Cholesterol. Thus these benefits are driving the soy beverages Market.
- The demand for alternatives to dairy-products is driving demand for soymilk. Soymilk is an excellent option for people who are lactose intolerant.
- Vegans generally prefer soymilk either for health concerns or animal welfare concerns.
Although soymilk has many advantages over milk. More than 90% of Soybean crops in the US are genetically engineered. Fear about GMO crops is going to be the biggest threat to Soymilk market.
- Soymilk contains a lower level of calcium than Dairy-milk is the significant restraint for soy beverages. Even in the case of calcium-fortified soymilk, the added calcium can remain at the bottom of the container. So actual calcium content in such soymilk is lower than the one stated on the label.
- Soybean is a rich source of phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens have been linked to breast cancer. Even though some experts have refuted this claim, doubt remains. This has pushed even some vegans away from soymilk. Soybean production is causing deforestation in Brazil. Such events indicate the widespread global use of soymilk will not be sustainable.
Market Segmentation Soy Beverages Market
- Global Soy Beverages Market can be classified Based on Process, Based on Flavour, and Based on Geography.
- Based On Process, Soy Beverages Market can be classified into Soy Beverages made from whole soybeans and Soy Protein Isolate. Soymilk made from whole soybeans and soy protein Isolate have different Phytate levels.
- Beverages made from soy protein Isolate contain a higher amount of Phytate which are anti-nutrients that prevent absorption of minerals like calcium, magnesium, and zinc. Because of this reason, Most Soymilk nowadays is made from whole soybeans. Whole Soybeans Category is further classified based on Whether or not non-GMO soybeans are used, and segmented into organic and regular.
Global Soy Beverages Geography Analysis
- Based on Geography, Soy Beverages Market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world.
- Soybeans have traditionally been part of the Chinese diet. Chinese soymilk tastes different than American soymilk. Chinese soymilk does not contain added ingredients. Chinese soymilk has beany flavor. In US soymilk is heavily processed to resemble milk-like taste, Beany taste of natural soymilk is removed.
- Silk despite its declining sales remains the biggest soymilk brand in the US. In the US, sales of soymilk are declining whereas sales of almond-milk sales are rising.
- Soymilk is no longer seen as a healthy alternative to dairy due to GMO and cancer-related risk. Soy Beverages are generally unpopular in regions where people are lactose tolerant, e.g., India. Soy milk is favorite in East Asian countries where people are lactose intolerant. Hong-Kong, Singapore, Thailand, China, and Malaysia.
- These countries are the biggest consumers of Soy Beverages. In Non-Asian countries such as Australia, Canada, and Spain are the biggest consumers of Soy Beverages.
Soy Beverages Competitive Landscape
- Some of the major players in the market are Danone, West Soy, Organic Valley, Eden Foods, Trader Joe’s and others.
Silk along with its parent company WhiteWave Foods was acquired by Danone at 10.4 Billion in 2016.
Key market segments covered
By Process Type
- Made from Whole Soybeans
- Made from Soy Protein Isolate
By Flavour Type
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
The scope of the report
The report covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. Soy Beverages Market segmentation, By Process Type (Made from Whole Soybeans (Organic, Regular), Made from Soy Protein Isolate), By Flavour Type (Original, Vanilla, Chocolate, Original Light, Strawberry, Cappuccino, Unsweetened, Others) Based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the world.
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the Global Soy Beverages Market across each indication, concerning type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in Global Soy Beverages Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Soy Beverages Market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the critical Global Soy Beverages Market products of all major market players
• Government Agencies
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Global Soy Beverages Market
1. Global Soy Beverages Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Soy Beverages Market – Trends & Development
2.1. Key trends and Developments
3. Global Soy Beverages Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2 Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Global Soy Beverages Market – By Process Type
4.1 Made from Whole Soybeans
4.2 Made from Soy Protein Isolate
5. Global Soy Beverages Market – By Flavour Type
6. Global Soy Beverages Market – By Geography
6.1.1The United States
6.2.3Rest of South America
6.3.4Rest of Europe
6.4.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5 Rest of the World
7. Global Soy Beverages Market – Competitive Landscape
7.1 Market Share/ Rank Analysis
7.2 Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8. Global Soy Beverages Market – Company Profiles
8.2 Organic Valley
8.3 Eden Foods
8.4 Trader Joe’s
8.5 American Soy Products, Inc.
8.6 Pacific Foods of Oregon, Inc.
8.7 Alko International BV
8.8 Hain Celestial Group
8.9 Kikkoman Pearl SoyMilk
8.10 West Soy