Etihad extends strategic catering and inflight services with LSG Group
PUBLISHED: October 4, 2018 | Available Formats
Inflight Catering Services – Size, Share and Forecasts (2018-2025)
Inflight Catering Services
- Increasing number of air travels due to the increasing per capita disposable income along with the emergence of low cost airlines are factors impacting growth in the in-flight catering business.
- Flight catering services are usually not offered in short and mid-range flights. They are usually available for long haul flights. The rising trend for tourism and business travels is also contributing to the growth of air travels. In-flight catering service providers are focusing on providing nutritious meals, which are high in quality and affordable to the consumers.
- They are also taking various measures to ensure safety and hygiene. The drop in crude oil prices over the previous 3 years is also a factor contributing to the growth of number of air travels.
- Ordering and paying for food and beverages online has become a trend. Airport restaurateur OTG, has installed thousands of food-ordering iPads, at half a dozen of the US airports.
- Passengers are demanding premium food, they desire nutritious, high quality food that is affordable. In case of buy-on-board food, customers prefer to pay for food from brands that they recognize.
- The key factors driving the growth of this market are hotel-airline collaborations, increasing number of airlines, growing demand for third party caterers, technological advance, rise in the number of executive and personal jets, rising number of airplane deliveries.
- Irregular operations such as delays, cancellations and last minute aircraft changes, incorrect procurement, meal wastage, perishable nature of food are a few challenges in this industry.
- On the basis of food type the market is segmented into Breakfast, meals, bakery & confectionery, beverages. In flight food segment experiences higher growth when compared to beverages.
- On the basis of class it is segmented into economy class and business class. Factors contributing to growth in catering services in business class are: the number of business class travels gradually increased by 44%, due to services like Flying Chef, availability of different cuisines for passengers.
- Geographically, the increasing airline passenger traffic in Middle East, North America, Europe is contributing to significant growth of in-flight catering services.
- This industry is experiencing high growth in Asia pacific countries due to international tourism, rising standard of living.
- Gate group holds the largest market share in the in-flight catering market. Dnata gets 60% of its revenue from traditional catering and 40% from buy-on board. Gate group bought travel retailer Inflight Services to build buy-on-board business and boost sales.
- Companies profiled in this report are Do&Co, Cathay Pacific Catering Services, Emirates Flight Catering, Gate Gourmet, Flying Food, Dnata, LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG, SATS ltd, Servair, Jetfinity, Newrest HNA
Key market segments covered are:
- Low Cost Carrier
- Full Service Carrier
- Bakery & confectionery
- Business class
- Economy class
- First class
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Rest of the World
Table of Contents
- Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.1 Scope of the Report
- Executive Summary
- Industry Analysis
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Restraints
3.3 Porters five forces Analysis
3.3.1 Buyer power
3.3.2 Supplier power
3.3.3 Industry Competition
3.3.4 Threat of new entrant
3.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.1. By flight
4.1.1 Low Cost Carrier
4.1.2 Full Service Carrier
4.2. By Food
4.2.3 Bakery & confectionery
4.3 By Class
4.3.1 Business class
4.3.2 Economy class
4.3.3 First class
- Geographic Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.4 Rest of North America
5.2.6 Rest of Europe
5.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4 South America
5.4.3 Rest of South America
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Product Benchmarking
6.3 Key Strategies Adopted by Major Companies
7.2 Cathay Pacific Catering Services
7.3 Emirates Flight Catering
7.4 Gate Gourmet
7.5 Flying Food
7.7 LSG Lufthansa Service Holding AG
7.8 SATS ltd
8.2 List of Charts/Tables
8.3 Expert Panel Validation
8.5 Contact Us
*Note: Additional Company Profiles will be included on request
Did you try our Bundle Subscription?
✓ Dedicated Assistance for 500 Hours
✓ Upto 40% Additional Customisation
✓ Starting from Bundle of 3 Reports
✓ XLS, PPT & PDF formats