Global Heat Transfer Fluid Market is segmented By Type (Mineral Oils, Silicones & Aromatics, Glycols, Others), By Application (Oil & Gas, Chemical Processing, Automotive, Concentrated solar power, Food Processing & Packaging, Pharmaceuticals, Die casting, Building materials), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Heat Transfer Fluid Market is proliferating at a CAGR of 7.2% due to growth in manufacturing plants, especially in emerging economies.
- Increasing product demand to transfer heat from collectors to generators in concentrated solar power, due to the high-temperature stability of heat transfer fluids they are increasingly used in cooling systems.
- Stringent environment regulations regarding toxicity, the biodegradability of these products, and instability in raw material availability, fluctuations in crude oil prices are a few factors hindering the growth of this market.
- Fluids that are chemically stable, environmentally safe, highly soluble in mineral oil are being manufactured. A new class of glycol, trimethylene glycol which is thermally more durable and ecologically secure, made by way of bioprocessing is rapidly being used. Georgia Institute of Technology published in 2018 that liquid tin can be used as a heat transfer agent in CSP.
What’s trending in the heat transfer fluid market?
- There is an increasing demand for Glycol-based heat transfer fluids due to the growth in the food processing and pharmaceutical industry. Silicones and aromatics-based heat transfer fluids are exhibiting growth because of their ability to withstand high temperatures and chemical & abrasion resistance when exposed to high temperature.
- Heat transfer fluids are majorly used for oil & gas applications, and there is a growing demand due to the increasing number of LNG terminals. CSP is also witnessing growth due to the government promotions for renewable sources of energy.
- Europe holds the majority market share due to the availability of technological know-how and a large pool of labor. Biobased products will propel the demand for heat transfer products in Europe due to the increasing focus on energy conservation and sustainable products.
- Asia Pacific region is also experiencing growth due to expanding manufacturing facilities in the oil & gas, chemical, food & beverages industry.
- The top 5 players in the market namely Eastman Company, Dow Chemicals, Shell, British Petroleum, and Exxon Mobil hold 75% of the market share. Dow chemicals are the market leader with 28% market share.
What are the key application segments of this report?
- Mineral Oils
- Silicones & Aromatics
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical Processing
- Concentrated solar power
- Food Processing & Packaging
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Rest of the World
Ferric Chloride Market
Lactic Acid Market