Global Head Protection Equipment Market is segmented By Type (Bump caps, Faceshields and headgearHard, helmetsWelding helmets and Others), By End-User (Manufacturing, Construction Market, Oil & Gas Market, and Others), By Material Type (Acrylic, Nylon, Polycarbonate, and Others), By sales channel (Direct sales channel, Indirect sales channel), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
The Global Head Protection Equipment Market is expected to grow at a CAGR during the forecasting period (2022-2029).
- Head protection equipment is part of personal protection equipment. It is used to protect the user from head injuries. It is designed for the protection of the user at the workplace and also for driver safety.
- A safety helmet protects from physical, chemical, and UV radiation from the sun. Safety helmets shall maintain safety parameters in the entire range of temperatures at a workplace.
- Head protection equipment is now available with sensors; these sensors can detect collisions, a free falling external object, and instantaneous immobility.
- Other sensors such as temperature, moisture, and ambient brightness can be adjusted as per user requirements as well as the specific requirements of the workplace. The sensor helmets are now used by football players; this will help the couch to know if the player is injured.
- Among the various types of Head protection equipment, hard helmets have a significant market as it is used in the construction area, 57% of injuries occur in the construction workplace. The head protection equipment is made of Acrylic, Nylon, Polycarbonate, Polyethylene, and others.
- 3M is the market leader for safety protection equipment (which includes safety helmets, gloves, glasses, footwear, and others) with the brand Peltotr.
Head Protection Equipment Market Drivers
- The increase in safety measures for head injury has driven the global head protection equipment market.
- The introduction of new technologies in safety helmets such as sensors that can sense the accident that is going to occur; has increased the growth of the global head protection equipment market.
- An inflatable safety helmet is developed in India that is inspired by inflatable space structures; they are suitable for space applications at a low cost. This can affect the head protection equipment market value.
- Head protection equipment from indirect sales channel will cost more as compared to a direct sales channel. This has been a significant restraint to the market.
- The sensor-equipped head protection equipment is not available to all the end users and workers at the workplace, mainly due to the high cost or the nonavailability of the material in the local market and lack of awareness for safety measures by the industrial organization is a significant restraint for growth.
- According to EN 14052:2005 European Standard has made a mandatory requirement of High-performance industrial helmets for the protection against head injuries. It was regulated in the year 2005.
Head Protection Equipment Market Segmentation Analysis
By product type
- A team from IIT Roorkee has made an inflatable safety helmet for motorcyclists. It can be worn around the neck and remains folded as a collar.
- The device is equipped with sensors to measure parameters such as acceleration, lean angle, and velocity, among other things to detect an impact on collision. As soon as the effect is detected the helmet inflates and forms a cushion around the skull. This cushion is more effective in reducing the impact and peak acceleration which is transferred to the head.
By End Users
- The construction market has a significant demand for head protection equipment as around 57% of significant injuries occur in the construction workplace.
Key market segments covered
By Product Type
- Bump Caps
- Faceshields and Headgear
- Hard Helmets
- Welding helmets
- Construction Market
- OIL & Gas Market
- Transportation Market
- Pharmaceuticals Market
- Chemicals Market
- Food and Beverages Market
- Mining Market
By Material type
By Sales channel
- Original Equipment Manufacturer
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Rest of the World
Plate & Frame Heat Exchanger Market
Higher Education Devices Market
Data Center Rack Market