Ceramic Matrix Composites Market
- The global ceramic matrix composites (CMC) market was valued at USD xx million in 2017 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026.
- Ceramic matrix composites are made by adding two or more distinct ceramic phases intentionally, to enhance some property that is not possessed by the monolithic ceramic materials. Common reinforcement is included in the ceramic matrices are oxides, non-oxides, glasses, glass-ceramics, and carbon.
Ceramic Matrix Composites Industry Dynamics
- The significant advantages of ceramic matrix composites are excellent corrosion and wear resistance, lightweight, high strength to weight ratio, better chemical stability, and many more.
- Increasing demand for electric and hybrid vehicles is fuelling the ceramic matrix composites market. CMC has a wide range of applications in the automotive industry. These materials are utilized in the manufacture of brake discs, clutches, braking systems, and so on.
- These materials are widely acceptable in the automotive industry owing to its properties such as lightweight, high-temperature resistance, and high corrosion resistance. At present, the production of lightweight and electric vehicles is increasing at a higher pace to reduce the VOC emission. This will create the demand for CMC shortly.
- Growing environmental regulations and high production cost are the significant restraints of the market. The production process of CMC involves high temperatures results in complexity in manufacturing and hence expensive processing.
Ceramic Matrix Composites Segmentation Analysis
- The global ceramic matrix composites market report segments the market by product type application, and end users. Further, the market classified based on end users such as automotive, aerospace & defense, energy & power, electrical & electronics, and others.
- The use of CMC is on the surge, and among the fastest growing trends in the aerospace industry. These materials have broad advantages at high-pressure zones, including a reliable performance at extreme temperatures up to 1300 degrees C, significant weight savings compared with the nickel alloys, and no need for cooling air requirements.
- CMC offers up to 260 degrees C higher than nickel alloy at one-third the weight. Thus, most of the aircraft manufacturers are replacing the nickel alloys with CMCs in both low pressure and high-pressure engines. Moreover, increasing aircraft deliveries and demand for fuel-efficient aircraft will further propel the market for CMC in aircraft engines.
Ceramic Matrix Composites Market Geographical Share
- Based on the geography the market segmented into regions such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World.
- North America holds the largest share in the global CMC market and is projected to remain largest during the forecast period. Grow-ing aircraft industry in the United States is propelling the market growth in this region. The US aerospace manufacturers are very competitive internationally.
- In 2017, the industry contributed USD 143 billion in export sales to the US economy. The United States has been investigating the potential of the CMC in the aircraft engines for the last 20 years.
- The country also present major aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing and GE Aviation which will boost the consumption of CMC in the aircraft component manufacturing. On the other hand, growing automotive sales in the Asia-Pacific and Europe will also drive the market further.
Ceramic Matrix Composites Manufacturers
- The global ceramic matrix composites market is consolidated with a few international players. The significant market share is held by the top five companies. However, there are many local companies are also playing a vital role in the market.
- The companies profiled in the report are COI Ceramics Inc., Ceramtec International, Applied Thin Films, SGL Group, Lancer Systems, Rolls-Royce PLC, CoorsTek, Inc., 3M Company, Kyocera Corporation, and Ube Industries, Ltd.
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the ceramic matrix composites market across each indication, regarding type and application highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in ceramic matrix composites market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the ceramic matrix composites market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the key ceramic matrix composites market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Ceramic Matrix Composites Market
1. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Product-based Analysis
4.1. C/C Ceramic Matrix Composites
4.2. C/SIC Ceramic Matrix Composites
4.3. Oxide/Oxide Ceramic Matrix Composites
4.4. SIC/SIC Ceramic Matrix Composites
5. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Application-based Analysis
5.1. Gas Turbine Components
5.2. Burner and Hot Ducts
5.4. Brake Disk
6. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - End-User Analysis
6.2. Aerospace & Defence
6.3. Energy & Power
6.4. Electrical & Electronics
7. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Regional, Country-level Analysis
7.1. North America
7.1.1. The United States
7.2. South America
7.2.3. Rest of South America
7.3.2. United Kingdom
7.3.5. Rest of Europe
7.4.4. South Korea
7.4.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.5. Rest of the World
8. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Competitive Landscape
8.1. Market Player Analysis
8.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8.3. Product Benchmarking
9. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Company Profiles*
9.1. COI Ceramics Inc.
9.2. Ceramtec International
9.3. Applied Thin Films
9.4. SGL Group
9.5. Lancer Systems
9.6. Rolls-Royce PLC
9.7. CoorsTek, Inc.
9.8. 3M Company
9.9. Kyocera Corporation
9.10. Ube Industries, Ltd.
*Additional company profiles will be included on client request.
10. Ceramic Matrix Composites Market - Appendix