Pfizer rare disease launched Hemocraft™, a Two First-Of-Its-Kind innovative technologies for people living with Hemophilia
PUBLISHED: [post_updated] | Available Formats
Global Carbon Black Market – Size, Share and Forecasts (2018-2025)
Carbon Black Market
- Carbon black is a material formed by the incomplete combustion of petroleum products such as coal tar. There is a rise in demand for carbon black in the tire industry, construction and manufacturing sectors which use it to provide strength to industrial rubber compounds and other equipment.
- The volatility of raw material prices is anticipated to impede the growth of the global carbon black market.
- Stringent environmental regulations enacted by the government on the usage of carbon hampers the growth of the market.
- Nowadays silica as a reinforcing additive is becoming popular in tire applications. This is anticipated to substitute the usage of carbon which is another significant restraint for the market.
- Increase in the investments in tire industry coupled with the rise in demand for specialty grade carbon black in paints & coatings is anticipated to boost the growth of the global carbon black market.
- Based on the grade, the global carbon black market can be classified into standard grade and specialty grade. Specialty grade carbon black is widely used in inks, paints, and coatings.
- Increase in demand for specialty grade carbon black is prompting the black carbon manufacturers to increase their production capacity or divert them to produce specialty grade carbon black rather than produce standard grade carbon black.
- Based on geography, the global carbon black market can be classified into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the world.
- Asia-Pacific occupies the most significant share of carbon black in the world, a majority of the demand arises from economies such as China and India.
- This is due to the expansion of tire manufacturing facilities and immense growth in the construction sector. Moreover, Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the overall market during the forecast period, as the global tire manufacturing companies are shifting their production base to key developing countries in the region.
- By applications, the global carbon black market can be classified into tire rubber, non-tire rubber, plastics, inks, paints & coatings and others.
- The transportation industry is anticipated to remain the largest segment during the forecast period due to an increase in demand for tire applications.
- On the other hand, carbon black is widely used in plastics manufacturing, newspapers printing inks and paints & coatings. Among these, plastics and paints & coatings are commonly utilized in the construction end-use industry.
- Cabot Corporation to acquire Tech Blend and expand its business footprint agreed to buy Tech Blend, a Canadian black masterbatches manufacturer. The acquisition extends Cabot’s global footprint in carbon black masterbatch and compounds, thus providing a platform to serve global customers by utilizing Tech Blend’s resources and capabilities.
- Players active in the global carbon black market are highly competitive, with all key players investing heavily in R&D activities to improve the quality of their products.
- Key players operating in carbon black market are Cabot Corporation, Orion Engineered Carbons S.A., Phillips Carbon Black Limited, Thai Carbon Black Public Company Limited (Birla Carbon), Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd., Continental Carbon, and Sid Richardson Carbon & Energy Co. among others.
- The report provides extensive qualitative and quantitative assessment of the present and future trends in the global carbon black market
- Focus on the various market dynamics that can have an impact on the growth of the market
- Recent industry trends and developments in the carbon black market
- Product mapping for the principal products of all the major market players
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global carbon black market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Key players in the market are profiled, and their recent developments, product portfolio, and other business strategies are listed
Key Target Audience:
- Global Carbon Black Manufacturers
- Suppliers, Dealers, and Distributors of Carbon Black
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Research Organizations and Academia
- Emerging Companies
- Market Research and Consulting Firms
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Study Scope
1.2 Market Introduction
2. Assumptions and Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Industry Analysis
4.1 Market Dynamics
4.2 Key Industrial Developments in Carbon Black Market
4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Competition Degree
4.3.2 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.5 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5. Global Carbon Black Market Segmentation by Type
5.1 Channel Black
5.2 Acetylene Black
5.3 Furnace Black
5.4 Gas Black
5.6 Thermal Black
6. Global Carbon Black Market Segmentation by Grade
6.1 Standard Grade
6.2 Speciality Grade
7. Global Carbon Black Market Segmentation by Application
7.1 Tire Rubber
7.2 Non-tire Rubber
7.4 Inks and Paints & Coatings
Global Carbon Black Market Segmentation by End User Industry
8.2 Industrial Applications
8.3 Printing & Packaging
9. Global Carbon Black Market Segmentation by Region, Country
9.1 North America
9.1.1 The U.S.A
9.1.4 Rest of North America
9.2.2 The U.K.
9.2.6 Rest of Europe
9.3 South America
9.3.3 Rest of South America
9.4 Asia Pacific
9.4.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
9.5 Rest of the World
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Company Profiles*
10.1.1 Cabot Corporation
10.1.1.1 Company Description
10.1.1.2 Recent Financials
10.1.1.3 Business Segments and Product Portfolio
10.1.1.4 SWOT Analysis
10.1.1.5 Strategic Analysis and Key Developments
10.1.2 Orion Engineered Carbons S.A.
10.1.3 Phillips Carbon Black Limited
10.1.4 Thai Carbon Black Public Company Limited (Birla Carbon)
10.1.5 Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd.
10.1.6 Continental Carbon
10.1.7 SID Richardson Carbon & Energy Co.
10.1.8 China Synthetic Rubber Corporation
10.1.9 Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
10.1.10 Evonik Industries AG
10.2 Market Share Analysis
10.3 Product Mapping
11.2 List of Tables
11.3 Expert Panel Validation
11.5 Contact Us
*Note: Additional Company Profiles will be included on request