Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market
- The global breast lesion localization methods market is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach a market value of USD XX million by 2026.
- Breast lesion localization methods are pre-surgical procedures, where localization devices such as radioisotopes, magnetic tracer, wires are inserted into cancer detected site to localize a non-palpable lesion at the time of surgical excision.
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods, This procedure is carried out using surgical guidance systems such as ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), or mammography, depending on the type of lesion and its location. With earlier detection of breast lesions, localization procedures have become necessary in up to 50% of all lumpectomy and surgical biopsy procedures to ensure accurate removal of the target lesion.
Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market Dynamics
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, The increasing incidences of breast cancer among women are the predominant driving factor of the global market for Breast Lesion Localization Methods.
- The expanding awareness through cancer screening programs and rise in many initiatives undertaken by the government along with increased government expenditure over healthcare facilities also aid the market positively.
- Other factors propelling the market are demand for minimally invasive and accurate procedures and the growing public-private investments, funds, and grants, owing it to increasing awareness on early detection of breast cancer.
- Moreover, the continuous technological advances in diagnostics and treatment methods for breast cancer have furthered the introduction of minimally invasive procedures, in so doing it improved the treatment outcome rate. For instance, according to the American Institute Of Cancer Research (AICR), breast cancer is the most commonly occurring cancer in women and the second most common cancer overall.
- There were over 2 million new cases in 2018.
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, uncertainty in regulatory approval procedures due to the risk associated with breast lesion localization devices and affordability issues may hinder the market progress.
Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market Segmentation Analysis
- By types, the global breast lesion localization methods market is segmented into Wire-Guided Localization, Magnetic Tracers, Electromagnetic Reflectors, and others
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, The wire-guided localization share (also known as needle localization) holds the most significant market share in the year 2018 and is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period. It can be attributed to its early establishment and higher adoption rate among end-users.
- The magnetic tracer share is expected to be the fastest growing segment owing to factors such as cost-effectiveness, increased efficiency, and workflow.
- It eliminates the issues encountered by nonradioactive technology by improved surgical planning. It is one of the latest techniques and is widely used for pre-operative localization of non-palpable, suspicious lesions.
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, The Electromagnetic Reflectors market share is further segmented into radioactive seed localization (RSL), radio occult lesion localization (ROLL) and others. It holds a significant market segment owing it to the market growth of RSL due to decreased operative time, reduction in re-excision rates, and long half-life of RSL.
Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market Geographical Analysis
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, North America holds a substantial share of the global Breast Lesion Localization Methods market, and it is primarily attributed to factors such as the high prevalence of breast cancer in the region.
- It has a broad base of the patient population and the presence of significant medical companies. Moreover, the higher awareness in developed areas such as the U.S., high healthcare expenditure, the presence of research facilities and labs, the extensive research activities are undertaken by a majority of prominent players in the area, and the early adoption of advanced medical technologies help propel the regional market.
- For instance, according to the American Cancer Society, 2019, an estimated 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with 62,930 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer. About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12%) will develop invasive breast cancer throughout her lifetime.
- The Asia Pacific is expected to witness a significant growth owing it to the increasing awareness among individuals in the region. The region’s large population base also contributes to the high growth market.
- According to the International Association of Cancer Registries, breast cancer cases reported in Asia accounts for 39% of all breast cancers diagnosed worldwide.
Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market Competitive Analysis
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, Key players are adopting strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and regional expansion to stand out as strong competitors in the market. New product launches along with increased focus on R&D are other ways the leading players improve their market presence.
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, In March 2019, Hologic Inc. announced the granting of a CE Mark to the LOCalizer wireless radio frequency identification (RFID) breast lesion localization system. This system is designed for precise and easy marking and targeting of lesions for breast-conserving surgery guidance.
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, In February 2019, IZI Medical Products LLC, an interventional radiology medical device company, acquired select soft tissue biopsy and breast localization needle assets from Cook Medical. The acquired portfolio of products are commercially marketed under the Quick-Core Biopsy Needle, MReye Breast Localization Coil, and the Kopans and X-Reidy Lesion Localization Needles.
- Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market, In January 2019, Hologic announced that the U.S. FDA cleared the LOCalizer radiofrequency identification (RFID) marker for long-term placement. With this clearance, the marker can now be implanted more than 30 days before a breast-conserving surgery, providing even greater flexibility and convenience to patients and providers.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global breast lesion localization methods market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in global breast lesion localization methods market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global breast lesion localization methods market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market
1. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market – Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Scope of the market
2. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market Trends
2.1. Key Trends and Developments
3. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market Outlook
3.3. Supply Chain Analysis
3.5. Key Developments
4. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market – Segmentation Analysis
4.1. By Types
4.1.1. Wire-Guided Localization (WGL)
4.1.2. Magnetic Tracers
4.1.3. Electromagnetic Reflectors
188.8.131.52. Radio Guided Occult-Lesion Localization (ROLL)
184.108.40.206. Radioactive-Seed Localization (RSL)
5. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. Geographic Overview
5.2. North America
5.3.4. Rest of Europe
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5. Asia Pacific
5.5.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.6. Rest of World
6. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market – Competitive Analysis
6.1. Competitive Scenario
6.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
6.3. Product Benchmarking
7. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market – Company Profiles
7.1. C.R. Bard
7.3. SOMATEX Medical Technologies GmbH
7.4. Argon Medical Devices
7.5. Becton, Dickinson and Company
7.6. Devicor Medical Products Inc.
7.7. Hologic Inc.
7.8. C.P Medical
7.9. Cianna Medical
7.10. Cook Medical
8. Breast Lesion Localization Methods Market – Appendix
8.2. List of Tables
8.3. Expert Panel Validation
8.5. Contact Us