Alfalfa Seeds Market
- Alfalfa is widely used throughout the world as a source of high protein roughage for livestock in pasture and hay mixes. Alfalfa is regarded as the “Queen” of forages and is a major component of processed forage industry.
- It is used extensively as a high-quality feed in the dairy industry. As a result, alfalfa seed production is a major crop in various regions.
- The Global Alfalfa Seeds market was worth USD XX billion in 2017 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2018-2025).
Alfalfa Seeds Market Opportunities, Size
- One of the most important characteristics of alfalfa is its high nutritional quality as animal feed. Alfalfa contains between 15 to 22% crude protein as well as an excellent source of vitamins and minerals.
- Specifically, alfalfa contains vitamins A, D, E, K, U, C, B1, B2, B6, B12, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, Inositol, Biotin, and Folic acid. Alfalfa also contains the following minerals: Phosphorus, Calcium, Potassium, Sodium, Chlorine, Sulfur, Magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Iron, Cobalt, Boron, and Molybdenum and trace elements such as Nickel, Lead, Strontium, and Palladium.
- Furthermore, Alfalfa is also directly consumed by humans in the form of alfalfa sprouts. According to the International Sprout Growers, there are approximately USD 250 million worth of sprouts sold in North America. Alfalfa juice is used in some health food products.
Alfalfa Seeds Regional Trends and Share
- Geographically, the global Alfalfa Seeds market has been segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, South America, Europe, and Rest of the World.
- Among all the regions, North America is the largest alfalfa seed producing region with Canada and the United States together producing over 100 million lbs of alfalfa seed in a year. In the United States, production occurs primarily in California (non-dormant varieties), Idaho, Washington, and Nevada. Other important alfalfa seed growing regions of the world include France, Italy, and Argentina.
- Furthermore, the vast majority of Canadian alfalfa seed ends up being exported out of the country, primarily to the USA. Many of these export sales are previously arranged contract seed production back to American grass/legume seed companies.
- The USA accounts for approximately 50% of Canadian alfalfa seed exports, with China, the destination for another 35%.
Alfalfa Seeds Companies
- The major companies involved in the production of alfalfa forage seeds include Allied Seed LLC, Advanta Seed Limited, DLF Seeds A/S, Monsanto Company, and Ampac Seed Company.
- The other key market players in the value chain include Baglietto, Brett-Young Seeds Limited, DowDuPont Inc., Heritage Seeds., Land O’Lakes, Inc., Forage Genetics International, LG Seeds, and Hancock Farm & Seed Co., Inc.
Reasons for purchasing this report?
• Visualize the composition of the global alfalfa seeds market across each indication, in terms of highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in alfalfa seeds market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the alfalfa seeds market level 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the essential alfalfa seeds market products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Alfalfa Seeds Market
1. Alfalfa Seeds Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2.Alfalfa Seeds Market – Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3.Alfalfa Seeds Market – Outlook
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Regional, Country-level Analysis
4.1. North America
4.1.1. The United States
4.2. South America
4.2.3. Rest of South America
4.3.2. United Kingdom
4.3.5. Rest of Europe
4.4.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
4.5. Rest of the World
5. Competitive Analysis
5.1. Competitor Analysis
5.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
5.3. Product Benchmarking
6. Company Profiles
6.1. Allied Seed, LLC.
6.2. Ampac Seed Company
6.4. Brett-Young Seeds Limited
6.5. DLF Seeds A/S
6.6. DowDuPont Inc.
6.7. Heritage Seeds.
6.8. Land O’Lakes, Inc.
6.9. Forage Genetics International
6.10. LG Seeds
6.11. Hancock Farm & Seed Co., Inc.
7.2. List of Tables
7.3. Expert Panel Validation
7.5. Contact Us
7.7. Contact Us