Global Aerospace Coatings Market is segmented By Resin Type (Epoxy, Polyurethane, Acrylics, Polyester, Others), By Technology (Liquid Coatings (Water-based Coatings, Solvent-based Coatings), Powder Coatings), By Type (Interior, Exterior), By Consumer (Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO)), By End-User (Commercial Aviation, General Aviation, Military Aviation), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
Aerospace Coatings Market Overview
The Aerospace Coatings Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.05% in the forecast period (2022-2029).
- Aerospace coatings are the protective layers applied to the surface of the aircraft's decorative and various functional aspects.
- During the flight, the aircraft is subjected to intense UV exposure and humid atmospheres. These are often exposed to temperature fluctuations which can cause wear and tear on metal surfaces. To protect the aircraft from climatic stress, aerospace coatings help in offering high resistance to corrosion, solar heat, UV rays, fog, and other adverse weather conditions. Demand to reduce downtime of aircraft and extend the maintenance cycle has propelled the aerospace coating market globally.
Aerospace Coatings Market Scope and Summary
By Resin Type, By Technology, By Type, By Consumer, By End-User, and By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other vital insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click here
Aerospace Coatings Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on the resin type, the global aerospace coatings can be classified into, epoxy, polyurethane, acrylics, polyester, and others. Polyurethane resin type is expected to dominate the market due to its superior properties exhibited by it such as resistance to abrasion and changing temperatures.
- It has a high degree of resistance to the damaging effects of ultraviolet rays emitting from the sun, which makes it a preferred choice in the aerospace coatings market.
- Based on applications, the global aerospace coatings market is classified into exterior and interior. Demand for exterior use in the aerospace coatings market is supported by the urge to handle extremely harsh environmental conditions. Players dealing with manufacturing exterior coatings are focussing on improving durability, and faster dry time. The growth of interior applications is attributed to frequent repair & maintenance cycles for a pleasing and decorative appearance.
- Based on the end-user industry, the entire market can be classified into commercial aviation, general aviation, and military aviation. The business segment is driven by the entry of new airlines and the expansion of existing airlines.
- The rise in the number of air travelers is also a key factor contributing to the growth of the commercial aviation segment and is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Military aviation is the second most lucrative market due to the increase in investments in the military & defense sector by countries such as The U.S.A, India, and Russia.
Aerospace Coatings Market Geographical Share
- Geographically, the global aerospace coatings market can be classified into North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the world. In the Asia Pacific, China and India are anticipated to boost the demand for aerospace coatings due to the increase in the number of aircraft due to the growth of the aviation industry. Moreover, factors such as the improvised standard of living and the rise in per capita income of the countries of the Asia Pacific region are also propelling the overall growth of the Asia Pacific aerospace coatings market.
Airline Mergers and Acquisitions to Provide Significant Growth Opportunity
- Airline mergers and acquisitions are anticipated to provide a growth opportunity for manufacturers as airlines need to repaint their fleets due to changes in the brand and identity. This is fuelling demand for the repainting of aircraft.
Aerospace Coatings Market Companies and Competitive Analysis
Key players active in the global aerospace coatings market are, BASF SE, PPG Industries, Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V., The Sherwin-Williams Company, Henkel AG & Company, International Aerospace Coatings Holdings, IHI Ionbond AG, Hentzen Coatings, Inc., and Mankiewicz Gebr. & Co. among others.
- The report provides an extensive qualitative and quantitative assessment of the present and future trends in the global Aerospace coatings market
- Focus on the various market dynamics that can have an impact on the growth of the market
- Recent industry trends and developments in the aerospace coatings market
- Product mapping for the key products of all the major market players
- Key players in the market are profiled, and their recent events, product portfolio, and other business strategies are listed
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the aerospace coatings market – level4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
Key Target Audience
- Global Aerospace Coatings Manufacturers
- Various End Users (Commercial Aviation, Military Aviation, and General Aviation)
- Traders, Distributors, and Suppliers of Technology, Chemicals, or Components
- Manufacturers of Resins and Intermediate Chemicals
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Research Organizations and Academia
- Emerging Companies
- Market Research and Consulting Firms
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the aerospace coatings market growth?
The market is growing at a CAGR of 7.05%.
What is the aerospace coatings market size in 2021?
The Market size was valued at USD YY million in 2021.
Who are the key players in the aerospace coatings market?
Major Players are BASF SE, PPG Industries, Inc., Akzo Nobel N.V., The Sherwin-Williams Company, Henkel AG & Company, International Aerospace Coatings Holdings, IHI Ionbond AG, Hentzen Coatings, Inc., and Mankiewicz Gebr. & Co. among others.
Marine Coatings Market
Paints and Coatings Market
Wood Coatings Market