Indoor Farming Technology Market
- The Global Indoor Farming Technology market was valued at USD xx million in 2017 and is estimated to reach USD xx million by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2026.
- Indoor farming is a method of growing crops usually on a large scale, entirely indoors. This method of agriculture often implements growing techniques such as hydroponics and uses artificial lights to provide yields with the nutrients and light levels required for growth. A wide variety of crops can be grown indoors, but fruits, vegetables, and herbs are the most popular.
Indoor Farming Technology Market Drivers and Restraints
- Less available arable land, growing demand for fresh & nutritious food, increasing adoption of protected cultivation and lesser impact of external weather conditions are some of the primary factors which are boosting the market for Indoor Farming Technology.
- Due to the increasing population and urbanization, the land available for farming is continuously decreasing. Arable land per person is shrinking.
- It has dropped from 0.38 ha in 1970 to 0.23 ha in 2000, with a projected decline to 0.15 ha per person by 2050. Thus currently there is a need for higher yields using limited space and water, which is promoting the practice of Indoor Farming which in turn is boosting the demand for Indoor Farming technology.
- The high initial investment cost can be a restraint to the growth of Indoor Farming Technology Market globally.
Indoor Farming Technology Segment Analysis
- The Global Indoor Farming Technology Market report segments the market with the growing system, by facility type, component, and crop type.
- By growing system, the market can be segmented as Hydroponics, Aeroponics, Aquaponics, Hybrid, and Soil-based. Hydroponics is soil-less farming and is the leading segment in an indoor farming category.
- Hydroponic farming is fast becoming a popular choice for many growers worldwide due to its more sustainable approach to resource usage than the conventional growing methods.
- Hydroponically grown crops require no herbicide or pesticide chemicals which significantly impact the environment and humans.
- Moreover, it uses less water and four times the amount of plants can be grown in the same space as traditional soil farming. Because of these advantages, there is a rising trend for Hydroponically growing systems, and this is estimated to continue during the forecast period.
- Further, by component, the market includes Hardware and Software & Services. The Hardware segment is anticipated to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
- The Hardware segment comprises climate control systems, lighting, and irrigation systems. The climate control system is the most critical technology in an indoor farming facility. It allows farmers to create an ideal environment for year-round production. Thus, the hardware segment is expected to boost the demand for Indoor Farming Technology in the forecast period.
Global Indoor Farming Technology Market Geography Analysis
- The market report segments geography as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Rest of the World. The European region accounts for the largest market owing to the high adoption of precision farming and protected agriculture in the area. Also, as a result of growing food demand, rapid urbanization and decrease in the productive land, In-door Farming is the most economically viable solution in this region.
- Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing region for Indoor farming Technology. The market for Indoor farming technology market has significant potential in Asia countries like China.
- Asian countries are more supportive of indoor farming as compared to other countries worldwide; various national policy initiatives and subsidies reflect it. China, Japan, and Singapore hold the majority of the share in Asia-Pacific Indoor Farming Technology Market.
- Availability of less arable land in Singapore and Japan, backed by the strong R&D initiatives are the primary reason for the growth of Indoor Farming Technology Market. Taiwan is also a fast emerging market for Indoor Farming Technology in Asia.
Indoor Farming Technology Industry Competitive Landscape
- Some of the key players in the Global Indoor Farming Technology market include Philips Lighting, Everlight Electronics, Argus Controls Systems, Netafim, Lumigrow, Logiqs B.V., Il-lumitex, Vertical Farm Systems, Hydrodynamics International and General Hydroponics.
Key market segments covered
By Growing System
By Facility Type
• Glass or Poly Greenhouses
• Container Farms
• Indoor Vertical Farms
• Indoor Deep Water Culture (DWC) Systems
• Software & Services
By Crop Type
• Fruits & Vegetables
• Herbs & Microgreens
• Flowers & Ornamentals
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
• Rest of the World
Why purchase the report?
• Visualize the composition of the Indoor Farming Technology market across each indication, regarding the growing system, facility type, component and crop type high-lighting the vital commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in Indoor Farming Technology market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Indoor Farming Technology market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the key Indoor Farming Technology market products of all major market players
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Global Indoor Farming Technology Market
1. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – Industry Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – By Growing System
5. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – By Facility Type
5.1. Glass or Poly Greenhouses
5.2. Container Farms
5.3. Indoor Vertical Farms
5.4. Indoor Deep Water Culture (DWC) Systems
6. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – By Component
6.2. Software & Services
7. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – By Crop Type
7.1. Fruits & Vegetables
7.2. Herbs & Microgreens
7.3. Flowers & Ornamentals
8. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – By Geography
8.1. North America
8.1.1. The United States
8.2. South America
8.2.3. Rest of South America
8.3.2. United Kingdom
8.3.4. Rest of Europe
8.4.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.5. Rest of the World
9. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – Competitive Landscape
9.1. Market Player Analysis
9.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
9.3. Product Benchmarking
10. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – Company Profiles
10.1. Philips Lighting
10.2. Everlight Electronics
10.3. Argus Controls Systems
10.6. Logiqs B.V.
10.8. Vertical Farm Systems
10.9. Hydrodynamics International
11. Global Indoor Farming Technology Market – Appendix
11.2. List of Tables
11.3. Expert Panel Validation
11.5. Contact Us