Table Of Content
The gasoline Fuel Additives Market is segmented By Type (Deposit Control Additives, Corrosion Inhibitors, Fiction Modifiers, Antioxidants, Demulsifiers/Dehazers/Emulsion Preventives, Conductivity Improvers, Metal Deactivators, Markers & dyes, Others), and By Region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Africa) – Share, Size, Outlook, and Opportunity Analysis, 2022-2029
Gasoline Fuel Additives Market Share, Size, Demand Insights
150 Pages report analyses the global gasoline fuel additives market shares, size, recent trends, future market outlook, and competitive intelligence. Gasoline fuel additives usage used to increase the octane rating is on the rise. Demand for transport in Non-OECD countries in ‘The Asia Pacific’ is booming. The competitive rivalry intensifies with Total SA, Chevron Corporation, and others active in the market.
Gasoline Fuel Additives Market Scope and Summary
By Type, and By Region
Report Insights Covered
Competitive Landscape Analysis, Company Profile Analysis, Market Size, Share, Growth, Demand, Recent Developments, Mergers and acquisitions, New Product Launches, Growth Strategies, Revenue Analysis, and Other vital insights.
Fastest Growing Region
Largest Market Share
To Get a Free Sample Click here
- Gasoline fuel additives are used to increase the Octane rating. Octane ratings are the numerical value of the knock resistance of a specific fuel. Gasoline additives have the added ability to inhibit corrosion, and as a lubricator improve the fuel traveling through the engine issues. All of these issues can increase the compression ratio for higher power and engine efficiency.
Gasoline Fuel Additives Market Dynamics and Trends
- The growth in gasoline additive use mainly reflects developments in engine design and refinery operations.
- Gasoline demand is primarily driven by transport in Non-OECD countries such as China and India
- Global oil demand is undergoing a structural shift. OECD oil demand decreased by 3 million barrels per day (MB/d) from 2000-2015, while demand in non-OECD countries grew by 21 MB/d. This change is majorly attributed to two reasons – the first high growth of the Chinese oil industry from 2000 to 2013, and the second rapid growth in India’s oil demand.
- The growth of gasoline demand is high in Asian emerging countries due to continuous industrialization, rising per capita incomes, and increasing use of gasoline in the transport industry.
- The transport sector holds a significant share of approximately 63% of global oil demand and fastest-growing among all other areas. The growing transport industry in non-OECD countries is one of the major drivers of the gasoline fuel additives market.
- The United States gasoline demand is an upsurge due to the summer driving season
- The United States gasoline demand accounted for 10% of global consumption and reached a record high in 2012.
- In 2017, the United States gasoline demand decreased by 0.3% to 9.29 MB/d. However, the demand reached 9.33 MB/d in 2018 which is a 0.4% increase from the previous year.
- Fuel additives in the United States are regulated under section 211 of the Clean Air Act. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires the registration of all fuel additives commercially distributed for use in highway motor vehicles in the United States and may require testing and banning harmful additives. The EPA also regularly reviews Clean Air Act policies' health and net economic benefits.
- The growing interest in Electric vehicles in the world is a significant restraint on the market
- Stringent environmental regulations on internal combustion engines, combined with technological advancements in the automotive industry, are driving the surge in demand for Electric vehicles (EVs). Worldwide sales of pure battery EVs (excluding hybrids) grew by approximately 45% in 2016. The increase in EV sales across the world especially in European countries such as Norway and France is one of the reasons for a decline in the consumption of Gasoline Fuel Additives in this region.
Gasoline Fuel Additives Market Segmentation and Shares Analysis
- The gasoline Fuel Additives market is classified based on various types such as Deposit Control Additives, Corrosion Inhibitors, Antioxidants, Demulsifiers/Dehazers/Emulsion Preventives, Conductivity Improvers, Fiction modifiers, Markers & dyes, metal deactivators, and others. Deposit control additives are generally referred to as detergents, and it is used to keep the entire fuel system clean and free of additional matter. Deposit control additives have a dominant market share with approximately 38% of the total gasoline fuel additives market followed by antioxidants and corrosion inhibitors.
- The report segments the geographies by region, which include North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World.
- Asia-Pacific is the leading market for Gasoline Fuel Additives owing to growing automotive sales in this region. Moreover, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow faster due to strong government support with ad-hoc tax incentives. However, Japan continues to reduce its fuel oil usage in favor of natural gas, and coal and restarting nuclear plants.
- In Saudi Arabia, a focus on increasing natural gas electricity generation capacity is contributing to fuel oil’s decline in 2017 and 2018.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- The report profiles the following companies, which include Total SA, Chevron Corporation, Clariant AG, Evonik Industries, Shell, and many more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Gasoline Fuel Additives Market growth?
The market is growing at a CAGR of 5.7%.
What is the Gasoline Fuel Additives Market size in 2021?
The Market size was valued at USD YY million in 2021.
Who are the key players in the Gasoline Fuel Additives Market?
SA, Chevron Corporation, Clariant AG, Evonik Industries, Shell, and many more.
Certified Reference Materials (CRMs) Market
Textile Chemicals Market
Surface Disinfectant Market
Buy this report
Proceed to Buy