Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes is a chronic condition characterized by high blood sugar, insulin resistance, and a relative lack of insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes (T2D) is the most prevalent form of diabetes mellitus. Type 2 diabetes is treated with lifestyle modifications, oral medications, and insulin.
- Around 90% of people with diabetes have type 2 diabetes.
- WHO predicts that T2D will be the seventh leading cause of death by 2030.
- Global Type 2 diabetes market is estimated to reach USD 64 billion by 2026.
Type 2 diabetes Market Growth
- An ever-increasing prevalence of diabetes and increased usage of anti-diabetic drugs with non-glycemic benefits will drive the market.
- Also, the rich pipeline of novel agents is expected to get launched.
- However, the availability of inexpensive generics will hamper market growth.
Type 2 Diabetes Market Segmentation
- Global Type 2 diabetes market report segments the market by drug class, distribution channel and by region.
- Based on part treatment type, the market is segmented into Biguanides, Sulfonylureas, Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors, Thiazolidinediones, Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists, Dipeptidyl peptidase four inhibitors, Sodium-glucose cotransporter two inhibitors, and Insulin.
- Geographically, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
- North America is the largest market for Type 2 diabetes owing to the high market penetration of insulin and other antidiabetic drugs.
- The region was the most mature market in 2017 accounting for over 45% of the market.
The Type 2 Diabetes Scope of the Report
- The report also profiles the following companies of type 2 diabetes market – Novo Nordisk, Merck & Co. Inc., Pfizer, Astra Zeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Takeda, Johnson & Johnson, Sanofi, and others.
By Drug Class
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists (GLP-1 agonist)
- Dipeptidyl peptidase four inhibitors (DPP-4 inhibitors)
- Sodium-glucose cotransporter two inhibitors (SGLT – 2)
By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)
- Rest of the World
Reasons for purchasing this report?
- Visualize the composition of Type 2 diabetes market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the Type 2 diabetes market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the market – level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for crucial products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Type 2 Diabetes
1. Type 2 Diabetes Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Scope of the Report
2. Type 2 Diabetes Market – Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Type 2 Diabetes Market Outlook
3.1. Market Drivers
3.1.1. Ever increasing prevalence of diabetes
3.1.2. Increased usage of anti-diabetic drugs with non-glycemic benefits
3.2. Market Restraints
3.2.1. Availability of inexpensive generics
3.3. Threats and Opportunities
4. Type 2 Diabetes Market – Industry Trends
4.1. By Drug Class
4.1.1. Oral Antidiabetics
220.127.116.11. Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors
18.104.22.168. Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists
22.214.171.124. Dipeptidyl peptidase four inhibitors
126.96.36.199. Sodium-glucose cotransporter two inhibitors
188.8.131.52. Premixed analog
4.2. By Distribution Channel
4.2.2. Retail Pharmacy
4.2.3. Online Pharmacy
5. Type 2 Diabetes Market – Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. North America
5.1.1. The USA
5.2.3. The UK
5.2.6. Rest of Europe
5.3. Asia Pacific
5.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4. South America
5.4.3. Rest of South America
5.5. Rest of the World
6. Type 2 Diabetes Market – Competitive Analysis
6.1. Market Share Analysis
6.2. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
6.3. New Product Launches
7. Type 2 Diabetes Market – Company Profiles
7.1. Novo Nordisk
7.2. Merck & Co. Inc.
7.4. Astra Zeneca
7.5. Bristol-Myers Squibb
7.6. Eli Lilly
7.8. Johnson & Johnson
8. Type 2 Diabetes Market – Appendix
8.2. List of Tables
8.3. Expert Panel Validation
8.5. Contact Us