Recycled Metal Market
- The Global Recycled Metal Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% during the forecast period (2018 – 2025). Metals can easily be recycled repeatedly without alteration in properties.
- Thus they are used as a raw material in manufacturing processes. 40 percent of worldwide steel production is made using recycled steel as a raw material.Value of Recycled Metals from scrap in the US in 2015, in USD millions, by metals
- The primary drivers for the Recycled Metal Market are the financial incentives and environmental safety that are associated with recycling.
- This motivates community collection of scrap metal for sale to recycling operations. Lower energy is required in the manufacturing processes if the recycled metal is used as a raw material, also emitting lesser amounts of greenhouse gases and reduction in production costs.
- The growing volume of e-waste from discarded electronic products has also provided easy availability of scrap metal to be used as raw material after recycling.Collection and recapture of metal scrap for recycling have been a significant challenge in spite of the financial incentives associated with it.
- The sorting of different materials according to base metal from a large heap of scrap has also been challenging. The increasing complexities of product design, containing a mix of various alloying elements have also made separation of metals difficult.
Recycled Metal Market Segmentation Analysis
- Based on Type, the market is segmented into Ferrous, Non-Ferrous metals and Others. Iron and Steel, which comes under Ferrous metals, are the most recycled metals globally due to their usage in leading industrial and construction industries. These metals are also readily available for recycling, given their prevalence in all major consumer products.
- Non ferrous metals are further segmented into Aluminum, Copper, Lead, and Others. Of these, aluminum, due to its excellent scrap value and lower energy needs, is the most recycled non-ferrous metal. The aluminum can, as a result, is the most recycled consumer product worldwide. Metal recycling of Silver, Gold, and Platinum is also done, albeit in lower quantities as the recycling processes involved are expensive.
Recycled Metal Market Share
- North America leads the market share by region as it is well established as the largest consumer market for recycled goods. Around 42 percent of crude steel in the United States is made using recycled materials. Increase in productivity of Automotive and Construction sectors in the region have in turn increased demand for recycled metals.
- Asia Pacific region is also witnessing steady growth in Recycled Metal Market as countries with developing economies, like China, India, Japan, and Australia are driving the demand for recycled metals. The generation of e-waste in the region is also high, making the availability of scrap for recycling operations easy.
- DataM analyses the complete scenario of the Global Recycled Metal market, market segmentation, geography analysis, companies, trends and opportunities in the market. The market is further categorized based on Application, which includes Construction, Automotive, Electrical & Electronics, and Others.
- The Automotive and Shipbuilding industries lead the market share as recycled raw materials lower production costs, energy usage and reduce the emission of greenhouse gases. The demand to make automobiles more eco-friendly also makes it necessary to use scrap metal as a raw material. The report segments the geographies by regions, which include Asia Pacific, North America, South America, Europe, and RoW.
- The report covers the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Price trend analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. The report profiles the following companies, which includes BASF Metals Recycling, SIMS Metal Management Ltd., Schnitzer Steel, Gold Metal Recyclers, Rimeco Aktieselskab, Nucor Corporation, Europe Recycled Metal, Commercial Metals Mining, Umicore and Da Fon Environmental Technology Co.
Key market segments covered
- Ferrous Metals
- Non-Ferrous Metals
- Electrical & Electronics
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Rest of the World
Why should I purchase this report?
- Identify commercial opportunities in Recycled Metal by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Recycled Metal market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the critical Recycled Metal products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Recycled Metal Market
1.Recycled Metal Market – Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Recycled Metal Market – Industry Trends
2.1 Key Trends & Developments
3. Recycled Metal Market – Outlook
3.1 Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2 Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Product-based Analysis
4.1. By Type
4.1.1. Ferrous Metals
4.1.2. Non-Ferrous Metals
188.8.131.52. Others (Tin, Brass, Zinc, Nickel)
4.1.3. Others (Silver, Gold, Platinum)
4.2. By Application
4.2.3. Electrical & Electronics
4.2.4. Others (Industrial Machinery, Shipbuilding, Packaging,
4.3. By Geography
4.3.1. Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206. The United Kingdom
4.3.3. North America
220.127.116.11. The US
4.3.4. South America
5. Competitive Analysis
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
5.3 Product Benchmarking
6. Company Profiles
6.1. BASF Metals Recycling
6.2. SIMS Metal Management Ltd.
6.3. Schnitzer Steel
6.4. Gold Metal Recyclers
6.5. Rimeco Aktieselskab
6.6. Nucor Corporation
6.7. Europe Recycled Metal
6.8. Commercial Metals Mining
6.10. Da Fon Environmental Technology Co.
7.2 List of Tables
7.3 Expert Panel Validation
7.5 Contact Us