United States FDA has approved the first oncolytic virus product "IMLYGIC" of Amgen in 2015 for the treatment of skin cancer.
PUBLISHED: [post_updated] | Available Formats
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market – Size, Share and Forecasts (2018-2025)
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market Overview:
Oncolytic virus is a genetically engineered or naturally occurring virus that can imitate in selected terms and kill cancer cells without harming the normal tissues. Oncolytic Virus therapy is a new therapeutic approach for treating cancer and shown promising results globally.
Global Oncolytic virus therapy market value is accounted for USD xx billion in 2017, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.32% to reach USD xx billion by 2025.
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market Dynamics:
Rising prevalence of cancer cases and increasing development of cancer treating therapies such as oncolytic virus is driving the market growth globally. Technological developments such as natural killer cells and use of combination therapies are also driving the market growth. Further ongoing development of virus therapies globally, which are in pipeline will further enhance the growth of oncolytic virus therapy market in the forecast period.
Immune reaction to the virus based therapies by repeated administration of therapeutics for treating cancer is key restraint that hampering the market growth. High cost of oncolytic virus therapy is further affecting the market growth, especially in developing countries.
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy market – Segment Analysis:
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market is segmented by application type, by drug class, and therapy type.
By application market is segmented in to Prostate cancer, Melanoma, Ovarian Cancer, Breast Cancer and others. Melanoma is accounted for the largest share as most of the cancer therapies are developed for Melanoma cancers. Increasing prostate cancer cases also leading to the strong growth rate in prostate cancer therapies in recent years.
By Drug class the market is segmented in to Onxy-15, Talimogene laherparepvec, Reolysin, RIGVIR. Talimogene laherparepvec is the largest drug class that accounted for major share in the market, and is mainly due to its vast penetration in cancer treatment.
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market – Geographical Analysis:
By Geography the market is segmented in to North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the World. North America is the leading market globally and is mainly due to increasing cancer cases associated with hectic lifestyles. Well-developed healthcare infrastructure is further supported to the growth in the region.
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy diagnostic Market – Competitive landscape:
Oncolytic Virus Therapy is highly concentrated among few key players such as Amgen, Shanghai Sunway Biotech Co. Ltd and RIGVIR. Companies in the industry are operate on low profit margins, which is likely to worsen further during the forecast period. Industry players are focusing on implementing inorganic growth strategies to expand their presence in the market.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global Oncolytic Virus Therapy market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in global Oncolytic Virus Therapy market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global Oncolytic Virus Therapy market.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players.
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market
1. Global oncolytic virus therapy Market – Scope and Methodology
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the market
2. Global oncolytic virus therapy Market –Trends and Developments
2.1 Key Market trends and Developments
3. Global oncolytic virus therapy Market – Industry Analysis
3.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4. Clinical Trial Analysis
5. Product pipeline Analysis
6. Global Oncolytic virus therapy Market – Segment Analysis
6.1 By Application
6.1.1 Prostate cancer
6.1.3 Ovarian Cancer
6.1.4. Breast Cancer
6.2. By Drug Class
6.2.2. Talimogene laherparepvec
6.3. By Therapy Type
6.3.1. HSV-based Oncolytic Viruses
6.3.2. Adenoviruses-based Oncolytic Viruses
6.3.3. Vaccinia Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
6.3.4. Vesicular Stomatitis Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
6.3.5. Newcastle Disease Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
7. Global Oncolytic virus therapy Market – Geography Analysis
7.1. North America
7.2.4. Rest of Europe
7.3. South America
7.3.3. Rest of South America
7.4. Asia Pacific
7.4.4. Rest of Asia Pacific
7.5. Rest of the World
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1. Market Share/ Rank Analysis
8.2. Key strategies adopted by market players
8.3. Product Benchmarking
9. Company Profiles *
9.3. Oncolytics Biotech
9.7. Lee Pharma
9.10. SillaJen Inc.
*Note: Additional company profiles will be included on client request.
10.2. Contact Us