United States FDA has approved the first oncolytic virus product "IMLYGIC" of Amgen in 2015 for the treatment of skin cancer.
PUBLISHED: [post_updated] | Available Formats
Global Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market – Size, Share and Forecasts (2018-2025)
Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market
- The Global oncolytic virus Therapy market was estimated to reach a market value of USD XX million by 2025. The global oncolytic virus market is growing at a steady rate in the forecasted period 2018-2025.
What’s trending in the oncolytic virus therapy market?
- Advancements in treatments, increasing R&D spend by global pharma companies, and the growing availability of treatments are some of the major factors driving the growth of the market
- High costs for medications, the moderate success rate of procedures, high risk of side effects, stringent regulations, and low success rate and high investment costs for the pharma companies are the major factors restraining the growth of the market.
- The clinical trial environment for the oncolytic virus is in the phase of rapid growth. The global clinical trial phase has been dominated by North America and Europe region accounting for around 75% of the clinical trials with most of the experiments in the Phase 1 stage.
- By drug class, Talimogene laherparepvec dominates the market in 2017 and is estimated to dominate the market by the end of the forecasted period 2025.
- By geography, North America accounts for the largest market share while the Asia-Pacific market is estimated to grow at a faster rate in the predicted period.
Market Segmentation – By Category
By Therapy type:
- HSV-based Oncolytic Viruses
- Adenoviruses-based Oncolytic Viruses
- Vaccinia Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
- Vesicular Stomatitis Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
- Newcastle Disease Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
By Drug Class
- Talimogene laherparepvec
- Prostate Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Who are the major players in this market?
- Amgen, Oncolytics Biotech, Sillajen, Viralytics, and Merck accounts for the majority of the clinical trials.
- The global oncolytic virus market is a reasonably consolidated market with the presence of a moderate number of players in the industry. Acquisitions and investments in R & D are the key strategies adopted by the major companies for increasing the company’s revenues and market share.
What are the recent developments in this market?
- Pfizer has partnered with Western Oncolytics to investigate novel oncolytic virus technology
- Merck has agreed to buy virus-based cancer drug from Viralytics for USD 394 million in 2018
Reasons for purchasing this report?
- Visualize the composition of the oncolytic virus therapy market across each indication, regarding type and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in oncolytic virus therapy market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the oncolytic virus therapy market – level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
Product mapping in excel for the critical oncolytic virus therapy market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Oncolytic Virus Therapy Market
1. Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Industry Trends
2.2 Key Trends & Developments
3. Market Outlook
3.1 Market Drivers
3.2 Market Restraints
3.3 Porters Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Suppliers Power
3.3.2 Buyer Power
3.3.3 Industry Competition
3.3.4 Threat of New Entrant
3.3.5 Threat of Substitutes
4. Market Insights – By clinical trials
4.1 By Age Group
4.2 By Gender
4.3 By Study Phases
4.3.1 Early Phase
4.3.2 Phase 1
4.3.3 Phase 2
4.3.4 Phase 3
4.4 By Study Type
5. Product Pipeline Analysis
6. Segmentation by Application
6.1 Prostate Cancer
6.3 Ovarian Cancer
6.4 Breast Cancer
7. Segmentation by Drug Class
7.2 Talimogene laherparepvec
8. Segmentation by Therapy Type
8.1 HSV-based Oncolytic Viruses
8.2 Adenoviruses-based Oncolytic Viruses
8.3 Vaccinia Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
8.4 Vesicular Stomatitis Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
8.5 Newcastle Disease Virus-based Oncolytic Viruses
9. Regional, Country-level Analysis
9.1 North America
9.1.1 United States
9.2.1 United Kingdom
9.2.5 Rest of Europe
9.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.4 South America
9.4.3 Rest of South America
9.5 Rest of the World
10. Competitive Trends
10.1 Market Share Analysis
10.2 Company Benchmarking
10.3 Key Strategies Adopted by Major Companies
11. Company Profiles*
11.3 Oncolytics Biotech
11.7 Lee Pharma
11.10 SillaJen Inc
12.2 List of Charts
12.3 Expert Panel Validation
12.5 Contact Us