PUBLISHED: November 23, 2018 | Available Formats
Global Oil & Gas Upstream Market – Size, Share and Forecast (2018 – 2025)
BUY THIS REPORT
Oil & Gas Upstream Market
- The Global Oil and Gas Upstream Market was valued at USD xx trillion in 2017 and are forecasted to reach USD xx trillion by 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period (2018-2025).
- The upstream oil and gas market is also called Exploration and Production (E&P) sector. Up-stream oil & gas market encompasses activities related to searching for, recovering and producing crude oil and natural gas.
- The upstream market consists of public as well as private companies. Companies who operate only in the upstream segment are called ‘Inde-pendents.’ Companies which work in all three parts are called integrated oil companies (IOCs). Upstream Industry is heavily dependent on oilfield services.
- Although demand for oil & gas is increasing steadily, Global oil reserves have not increased in recent years.
- Declining investments in Oil and gas explorations will further affect the growth in the market over the forecast period to 2025.
- Increasing environmental concerns will impact the industry in the long term. After 2016 Paris agreement, World Bank announced it would no longer finance upstream oil & gas after 2019.
- The upstream market is highly regulated and impacted by global politics.
- Neither Nuclear nor solar or wind has made oil & gas unnecessary. So only oil & gas price fluctuations in the global market are what matters.
- Global Upstream, oil & gas market, can be segmented by Resource type, by production site, and by drilling technology.
- By resource type, the market can be segmented into crude oil & natural gas. Although crude oil reserve often contains some natural gas in it. There are reserves for natural gas also.
- Based on the production site, the market can be segmented into onshore & offshore. On-shore upstream oil market segment is accounted for the largest share globally, due to increased investments in the coastal oil explorations.
What’s trending in this market?
- Based on drilling technology, upstream oil & gas market can be segmented into Conventional & Unconventional drilling. Conventional technology includes traditional vertical drilling technology.
- Although it is cheaper than non- conventional, it has limitations. Unconventional drilling technology comprises horizontal drilling, multilateral drilling, extended reach drilling, and complex path drilling.
- Unconventional drilling technologies are becoming less expensive over time. Horizontal drilling has gained popularity due to shale oil production.
- A horizontal well is generally more expensive to drill than a vertical well, but it produces more crude oil and natural gas.
- In 2016, hydraulically fractured horizontal wells accounted for 69% of all oil and natural gas wells drilled in the United States. Horizontal drilling is used for drilling in harsher conditions.
- Based on region, the market can be segmented into the Middle East, North America, Europe & CIS, Africa, Asia-Pacific, and Central and South America.
- North America is the leading region in the upstream oil and gas market is mainly due to higher capital expenditures in North America and investment in shale oil production using unconventional drilling technologies.
- The Middle East and African Oil & gas upstream market is declined mainly due to the price drop in oil products globally.
- A good number of prominent companies are government owned. Major players in the upstream oil & gas market are Saudi Aramco, Gazprom, ExxonMobil, Rosneft, PetroChina, BP, Sinopec, Royal Dutch Shell, Total S.A, and Chevron.
Some of the Independent energy & power companies, are Carrizo Oil & Gas Inc, Laredo Petroleum, Newfield Exploration, Matador Resources, and Devon Energy.
- In the extended downturn from 2014 to 2017, upstream companies have reduced costs. If unconventional drilling technologies get cheaper, the influence of Gulf countries on oil production might diminish in the coming years.
Market Segmentation Analysis
• Crude Oil
• Natural Gas
• Others (oil sands, shale oil, etc.)
By production site
By Drilling Technology
- Vertical Drilling
- Horizontal Drilling
• The Middle East and Africa
• Asia Pacific
• North America
• South America
The scope of the report
- The report covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- Oil and Gas Upstream Market is segmented By Product (Crude Oil, Natural Gas), others (oil sands, shale oil, etc.)), by production site (Onshore, Off-shore), By Drilling Technology (Conventional (Vertical Drilling), Unconventional (Horizontal Drilling, Others).
- Based on geography the market is segmented into the Middle East and Africa, North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific.
Reasons for purchasing this report?
• Visualize the composition of the Global Oil and Gas Upstream Market across each indication, concerning type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in Global Oil and Gas Upstream Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Oil and Gas Upstream Market level 4/5 segmentation
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
• Product mapping in excel for the critical Global Oil and Gas Upstream Market products of all major market players
Who can benefit from this report?
• Government Agencies
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
Oil & Gas Upstream Market
1. Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Market Forecast Analysis
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Market Segmentation
4.1. By Raw / Ore Resource
4.1.1. Crude oil
4.1.2. Natural Gas
4.1.3. Others (oil sands, shale oil)
4.2. By Production site.
4.3. By Drilling Technology
220.127.116.11. Vertical drilling
18.104.22.168. Horizontal drilling
5. Regional, Country-level Analysis
5.1. Middle East
5.1.1. Saudi Arabia
5.1.3. Rest of Middle East
5.2. North America
5.2.1. The United States
5.3. South America
5.3.3. Rest of South America
5.4.3. United Kingdom
5.4.4. Rest of Europe
5.5.2. Rest of Asia Pacific
6. Competitive Analysis
6.1. Market Share/ Rank Analysis
6.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
7. Company Profiles
7.1. Saudi Aramco
7.8. Royal Dutch Shell
7.10. Total S.A
Try our Bundle Subscription?
✓ Dedicated Assistance for 500 Hours
✓ Upto 40% Additional Customisation
✓ Starting from Bundle of 3 Reports
✓ XLS, PPT & PDF formats