Automotive ABS Systems Market
- The Global automotive ABS systems market was valued at USD xx billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD xx billion by 2026, with a CAGR of xx% during the forecast period (2019 - 2026).
- The anti-lock braking system (ABS) helps drivers have better control of a vehicle in some road conditions where hard braking may be necessary. ABS consists of four parts Speed Sensor, Valves, Electronic Control Unit, and Hydraulic Control Unit.
Automotive ABS Systems Market Dynamics
- Automotive ABS market depends on new automobile and bike sales globally. Another factor that impacts the installation rate of ABS systems is the demand for safety features. Installation rate for ABS systems is increasing in all markets and will continue to do so until most new vehicles have advanced braking systems.
- Four wheelers have been using ABS systems for decades; now even two-wheelers too are increasingly using ABS systems.
- EU, Japan, Australia, India, Brazil, and Taiwan have passed laws mandating ABS in the future. This will further drive the growth of the market in the forecast period.
Automotive ABS Systems Market Segmentation Analysis
- Automotive ABS market can be classified by vehicle type, by brake type, by region.
- By Vehicle type, the market can be segmented into Motorcycle, Passenger cars, and commercial vehicles. Anti-lock braking systems are used in cars & commercial vehicles for decades.
- Now they are becoming more common for bikes. Inexpensive lightweight two-wheelers don’t use ABS. According to European Commission legislation, all new motorcycles above 125cc’s sold from 1 January 2016 must be equipped with ABS.
- By Brake type, anti-lock braking systems can be classified by the number of sensors & channels. The most common anti-lock braking systems are Four-channel four-sensor ABS, Three-channel three-sensor ABS, One-channel one-sensor ABS, Others (Two-channel four detector ABS, Three-channel Four-sensor ABS). Four-channel four-sensor ABS is most popular.
- Four Channel, Four Sensor is considered the best because it monitors each wheel to ensure that the greatest braking force is achieved.
- Motorcycles have either single or dual channel braking systems.
Automotive ABS Systems Market Geographical Segmentation
- By region, the market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-pacific and rest of the world. Passenger Car & Commercial vehicle combined production is highest in China. So demand for ABS is also highest in China.
- The high growth rate of the automotive sector in Asia and Legislative mandates all over the world will influence the Global automotive ABS systems market in the next few years.
Automotive ABS Systems Market Competitive Trends
- Major players in the Global automotive ABS systems market are Continental, Bosch, Delphi, TRW Automotive, Honda, Wabco, Hitachi, Autoliv, Aisin Seiki, and Haldex.
- Companies are introducing new products and features to be competitive in the market. For instance, In July 2018, Bosch revealed the planned market launch of its anti-lock braking system (ABS) for selected e-bike models in autumn 2018.
Key market segments covered in the report :
By brake Type
- Four-channel, four-sensor ABS
- Three-channel, three-sensor ABS
- One-channel, one-sensor ABS
- Others (Two-channel, four sensor ABS, Three-channel, four-sensor ABS)
By Vehicle Type
- Passenger cars
- Commercial Vehicles
- Asia Pacific
- North America
- South America
- Rest of the World
The scope of the report
- The report covers the key factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles.
- Automotive ABS systems market segmented by product type (Four-channel, four-sensor ABS, Three-channel, three-sensor ABS, One-channel, one-sensor ABS, and others) by Vehicle type (Motorcycle, Passenger cars, and commercial vehicles) and based on geography the market is segmented into – North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the world.
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Global automotive ABS systems market across each indication, concerning type highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in Global automotive ABS systems market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the automotive ABS systems market level 4/5 segmentation
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study
- Product mapping in excel for the critical Global automotive ABS systems market key products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
- Government Agencies
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Automotive ABS Systems Market
1. Automotive ABS Systems Market – Scope and Methodology
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Automotive ABS Systems Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Automotive ABS Systems Market Outlook
3.1. Industry Impact Factors (Drivers & Restraints)
3.2. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
3.3. Regulatory Analysis
4. Automotive ABS Systems Market – By Vehicle Type
4.2 Passenger cars
4.3 Commercial vehicles
5. Automotive ABS Systems Market – By Brake Type
5.1 Four-channel, four-sensor ABS
5.2 Three-channel, three-sensor ABS
5.2 One-channel, one-sensor ABS
5.4 Others (Two-channel, four sensor ABS, Three-channel, four-sensor ABS)
6. Automotive ABS Systems Market – By Geography
6.1 North America
6.1.1The United States
6.2 South America
6.2.3. Rest of South America
6.3.3. United Kingdom
6.3.4. Rest of Europe
6.4.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.5. Rest of the world
7. Automotive ABS Systems Market – Competitive Landscape
7.1. Market Share Analysis
7.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8. Automotive ABS Systems Market – Company Profiles
8.4. TRW Automotive
8.9. Aisin Seiki
9. Automotive ABS Systems Market – Appendix