Cabot Corporation Introduces a Series of Advanced Activated Carbons for Vapor Capture in Gasoline Fueled Vehicles
PUBLISHED: November 12, 2018 | Available Formats
Global Activated Carbon Market – Size, Share and Forecast (2018 – 2025)
Activated Carbon Market
- Activated carbon is a carbonaceous, highly porous adsorptive medium that has a complex structure composed primarily of carbon atoms.
- It is manufactured from coconut shell, peat, hard and soft wood, lignite coal, bituminous coal, olive pits, and various carbonaceous specialty materials, and used as a substrate to selectively adsorb gases, palletized activated carbon vapors, or colloidal solids from liquids or gases.
- The principal commercial product forms of activated carbon are powdered, granular, and extruded.
The global activated carbon market was worth USD XX billion in 2017 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period 2018 to 2025.
What’s trending in the activated carbon market?
- The primary drivers for activated carbon are the growing environmental concern for pollution control and have promoted the use of activated carbon for reducing mercury emissions from power plants.
- Also, rising investment in the use of activated carbon for water purification has fuelled the market demand over the coming years. An emerging use for activated carbon in capacitors and batteries for energy applications is also driving the market for activated carbon.
- By the End-User, the global activated carbon market is bifurcated into Water Treatment, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Personal Care, and Others. Among all applications, water treatment application is dominating the activated carbon market in 2017 in term of value and volume.
- The serious health risks of drinking contaminated waters are continually rising among consumers. Cold Firepower Plants and Enhanced drinking water treatments, growing automobile ownership rates and increasing manufacturing & environmental standards are supporting the growth of activated carbon industry.
- Various countries including China and India among others are heavily investing in water purification plants which are expected to raise the demand for activated carbon during the forecast period.
Regional Market Analysis:
- Geographically, the global activated carbon market has been segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, and Others.
- Among all the regions, Asia Pacific emerged as the leading market owing to the rapid industrialization along with the initiation of various stringent regulations to address the rising environmental concerns, or legislation is expected to benefit the regional market growth in this region.
- In North America stringent regulations aimed to safeguard the environment, awareness regarding clean water consumption and industrial gas purification are contributing to this growth and activated carbon will play a significant role.
Who are the major market players in this industry?
- The global activated carbon market is fragmented with a large number of local and international players. However, Jacobi Carbons Group, Eurocarb, and Cabot Corporation are the leading suppliers of activated carbon in the world. These three Companies combine holds around XX% of the total market.
Why should I purchase this report?
• Visualize the composition of the activated carbon market across each indication, regarding type, product type, and applications, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
• Identify business opportunities in activated carbon market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the activated carbon market level 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the essential activated carbon market products of all major market players.
Who can benefit from this report?
• Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
• Product Suppliers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
Activated Carbon Market
1. Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. The scope of the Report
2. Industry Trends
2.1. Key Trends & Developments
3. Market Outlook
3.1. Market Drivers
3.2. Market Restraints
3.3. Competitive Intensity- Porter 5 Forces
4. Market segmentation – By Raw Material
4.2. Saw Dust
4.3. Coconut Shell
5. Market Segmentation – By Type
5.1. Powdered Activated Carbon
5.2. Granular Activated Carbon
5.3. Others (Extruded or Pelletized activated carbons)
6. Market segmentation – By End-User
6.1. Water Treatment
6.4. Personal Care
7. Regional, Country-level Analysis
7.1. North America
7.1.1. The United States
7.2. South America
7.2.3. Rest of South America
7.3.2. United Kingdom
7.3.5. Rest of Europe
7.4.3. South Korea
7.4.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.5. Rest of the World
8. Competitive Trends
8.1. Market Share/Ranking Analysis
8.2. Key Strategies adopted by Manufacturers
8.3. Product Benchmarking
9. Company Profiles
9.1. Osaka Gas Chemicals Co. Ltd.
9.2. Kuraray Co. Ltd.
9.3. Cabot Corporation
9.4. Jacobi Carbons Group
9.5. Haycarb PLC
9.6. Kureha Corporation
9.7. Donau Carbon GmbH
9.8. CarboTech AC GmbH
9.9. Silcarbon Aktivkohle GmbH
Did you try our Bundle Subscription?
✓ Dedicated Assistance for 500 Hours
✓ Upto 40% Additional Customisation
✓ Starting from Bundle of 3 Reports
✓ XLS, PPT & PDF formats